Tidewater engineering

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike

Does anyone have a site address for tidewater engineering??, I had it but lost it in the shuffle I guess. Need a new pipe for my 67 cmb, the solid clamp doesnt work on that setup between the pipe & header as I found out today!

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks, mike

The site has been gone for some time now... I don't think they were too fond of the whole website concept...

You can still reach them by phone: 318-281-2460

Later,

Lamar

I also learned a lesson on headbolts on the new engines, they are exposed in the water jacket, popped heads off 2 of them due to rust . I will spray wd 40 in the water line from now on & I also changed the bolts to stainless.

mike

Carefull with the Stainless, modeler quality is usually real soft, and round out very easy. You might want to stay with the steel ones and spray/oil the jacket real good. You might also check for better stainless at McMaster and dozens of other sites. Been there, lots of trouble with cheapie stainless!!!

John in Huntsville

Mike don't go with the stainless bolts. Buy yourself a little tub of never-seize. I add some air motor oil to thin it out a little. Give the bolts a thin coating of the mixture and your good to go. The stainless bolts are very soft and if you ever gall the threads you have a real problem.

Martin

Back