third channel mixture?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaso

Hi all, I've got a question with remote mixtures. I've never had one on a boat before and not sure how they work as such, do you still run the remote needle assembly with the remote mixture as well or just the remote mixture unit and that is your only adjustment?

I've got one of the aeromarine units and just wasn't sure how to set it up?

I've never taken a huge amount of notice of how people have them setup.

Jason.

Just use it by itself. Make your adjustments on the fly. :) Try to mount it as close to the carb as you can.

Thanks Russell, Sounds a bit silly I spose but I just wasn't sure.

Are the Aeromarine ones any good? It's going to be put on a .21 rigger.

Also how close do you need it to the carb and if it's too far away I guess it starves for fuel right?

Jason.

I don't know much about the Aeromarine one, but I'm sure it's OK. The closer to the carb the better, you will see the adjustment faster than if it's farther away. (more fuel to burn in longer tubing).

Last edited by a moderator:
They a made a few of them, what one do you have? I really like the AM base with OS Remote needle, it is a little big but works great. I have one of the really small ones they make also. TB

Cool thanks for the info Russell.

What are people using with the Mac .21 engines for remote mixtures?, or is it just more of a personnel preference thing?

Hello Russell,

Thats a very nice and clean looking set-up :lol: :lol:

Bob Morton B) B)

Last edited by a moderator:
TB, I'm not really sure which one it is I have, It's got a number on the pack -4026,

but I don't know if thats an Aeromarine number or not. It's says it is for .21-.90 engines but I think it would be too restrictive for a .80-90 size engine.

It seems a pretty small unit.

Jason.

jaso said:
Cool thanks for the info Russell.What are people using with the Mac .21 engines for remote mixtures?, or is it just more of a personnel preference thing?
Andy sells a nice mixture control. The D&J carb with the 3rd channel mixture will also fit the MAC.

Latest posts

Back