*** The 2012 Atlanta Model Boaters IMPBA Spring Nationals - Now Accepting Entries ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Crown vs the Final Winner of the Atlanta Twin Award.... WINNER TAKES ALL........ If I get out of Atlanta with the Crown maybe Stu & I can have a HAIR MATCH In Charleston SC in the Fall......

I would love to see you race yourself around the course, you could winner again...............The Scooter laps at the Nats comes to mind..!!!! :D :D :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago didn't they (Atlanta) run one of the top Model Offshore races (Deep Vee) in the U.S.? What happened to the intrest in that? I think it was in Stone Mountain and sponsored by Coke wasn't it?

Years ago didn't they (Atlanta) run one of the top Model Offshore races (Deep Vee) in the U.S.? What happened to the intrest in that? I think it was in Stone Mountain and sponsored by Coke wasn't it?
Jim,

The ATL club hasn't run @ Stone Mountain in years. We have been @ our current site (Naturally Fresh Pond) for over 20 years... Mike Whitely was around back in the Stone Mountain days (he tells stories of starting his boats with a leather strap and running megaphone exhausts) and he is still an active AMB member to this day. I'll ask him about the offshore event you reference.

Thanks,

Lamar Huff

President AMB

I remember Stone Mtn. there use to be a BIG rock on the right hand side of the course...if you went to wide...you paid for it.

I remember Stone Mtn. there use to be a BIG rock on the right hand side of the course...if you went to wide...you paid for it.
I still have parts of a boat that went over that rock and into a very hard tree. Don't know why I saved the parts...

Walt Barney

Boat looks and sounds great Julian , what happened to Jose ?

Not good when a twin stuffs running by itself lol.

Tim k

Boat looks and sounds great Julian , what happened to Jose ?

Not good when a twin stuffs running by itself lol.

Tim k
Looks like he hit one of the Atlanta famous holes off buoy 3. Many people have gone down there.
Yup, the Atlanta pond monster off 3 :eek:
Now that I think of it my D Hydro disappeared of buoy 3 as well :angry: .
There are 2 other holes in that lake. Back straight between the clock and the entrance buoy, lanes 2-6, and on the front straight, between buoy 6 and the clock, lanes 1-4. I know there are some pond monsters that live in those holes and they jump up and grap boats often.

weather is great. racing is been very good so far.. the twins are smoking fast. mark Bullard and Joe W won round # 1 then Joe Warren and julian conde won round #2 in Twin hydro. jose ortiz, chuck simmons,ralph almirola, brian roach and keith are also running really good also. over all the racing is great and we are all having a good time. tomorrow will probably be the best day of racing is either run hard or go home. then the Twin shoot out all or nothing..

final rounds tomorrow. here kittie kittie

Last edited by a moderator:
Julian, whats Mark running? SST like Alan showed us on the forum?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back