TAPE TO SEAL RADIO BOX COVER?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything I've used but 3M #5 leaves a residue.

1 roll should last the avid racer a season and for 12 or 13 bucks this is not a place to skimp and in a pinch its great for quick repairs or holding on a cowling for that final where you know you're gonna be in rough water.

Bill

Everything I've used but 3M #5 leaves a residue.
1 roll should last the avid racer a season and for 12 or 13 bucks this is not a place to skimp and in a pinch its great for quick repairs or holding on a cowling for that final where you know you're gonna be in rough water.

Bill
If one roll last one season then your not running enough boats. LOL!! Doc and myself go thru about 4 rolls a year. So the answer is run more boats so that you will need more tape. Your tape suppliers will like it better.

There is no code at all. The number is 3M # 5. I buy cases all the time. I sell 10 lot rolls or more to John Otto, Walt Barney, Mike Crawford, and Competition Marine. Single rolls can be bought if I have any at a race or you can order it from me for $12.00 per roll plus shipping.

The ONLY tape ;)

Bout ripped my wife's head off the other day for using it for ANYTHING other than it's designed purpose :lol:

Andy
Thanks for your response. Go easy on the old lady, she owns half of everything including your boats :ph34r: .

HI, CALL AREOMARINE, I HAVE USE THERE TAPE(3M) FOR OVER 18 YEARS AND NO PROBLEMS. AS FAR AS MOISTURE, PUT A TAMPON IN THE RADIO BOX.I JOKE YOU NOT,CRUDE BUT WORKS VERY WELL,MIKE.
Thanks Mike,

As stated this topic comes up often.

So again here is a great testimonial for the 3-M tape.I was racing my 21 Seducer at Huntsville a few years ago.The Seaducer seadunked.The boat did not pop up the remainder of the weekend.It was found after a week under water.John Equi found the boat and told me it was stuck to the bottom in a generally upright position.The radio box was DRY.There could be no trapped air bubble with the boat upright.The tape did the job.My humble advice is to use the 3-M tape.Clean the surface.Clean the surface.Clean the surface.Carefully and smoothly press the tape down.Use your finger nail to insure a seal where the tape crosses.Don't be in a hurry.I also use small pieces of paper towel in the empty spaces.I am still using the JR receiver and Hi-Tec servos.The battery would not recharge.

Harvey

Back