TAPE TO SEAL RADIO BOX COVER?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarhodAzarbaydjani

What's the best tape for sealing a radio box? Who makes it? Where can I find it? If manufactured by 3-M or Scotch, a product I.D. would bring a sigh of relief.

This is my first poll, and depending on consensus, will benefit all of us who hate finding corrosive moisture in our electronics.

There is no code at all. The number is 3M # 5. I buy cases all the time. I sell 10 lot rolls or more to John Otto, Walt Barney, Mike Crawford, and Competition Marine. Single rolls can be bought if I have any at a race or you can order it from me for $12.00 per roll plus shipping.

or you can go to your local home depot go to the weatherstripping area and pick up a roll of water proof clear tape for 5 bucks. its wide, thick, and holds up well to nitro!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no code at all. The number is 3M # 5. I buy cases all the time. I sell 10 lot rolls or more to John Otto, Walt Barney, Mike Crawford, and Competition Marine. Single rolls can be bought if I have any at a race or you can order it from me for $12.00 per roll plus shipping.

The ONLY tape ;)

Bout ripped my wife's head off the other day for using it for ANYTHING other than it's designed purpose :lol:

Andy

What's the 3m part number?

HI, CALL AREOMARINE, I HAVE USE THERE TAPE(3M) FOR OVER 18 YEARS AND NO PROBLEMS. AS FAR AS MOISTURE, PUT A TAMPON IN THE RADIO BOX.

I JOKE YOU NOT,CRUDE BUT WORKS VERY WELL,MIKE.

I have told you what the part number is, 3M # 5. It is a special OEM tape for the Electrical Apparatus service shops. I not sure the work that Mike Huges does but he maybe in this line of work or knows someone that is. The only other person that runs boat in this line of work that I know of is Ron Zaker but he does not sell tape.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have told you what the part number is, 3M # 5. It is a special OEM tape for the Electrical Apparatus service shops. I not sure the work that Mike Huges does but he maybe in this line of work or knows someone that is. The only other person that runs boat in this line of work that I know of is Ron Zaker but he does not sell tape.
Thanks.

I am an electrican. I get my tape from an electrical wholesaler (Beck Electric). 3M has a weird sales system that only allows certain 3M dealers to order the tape. The dealers I deal with on a daily basis (Stoneway, North Coast, Platt), can not get the stuff. You can only order it by the case (48 rolls). This is the only tape I have use with any great success over the last 20 years. Well worth the price. I have seen quite a few of the other tapes come through our district and have troubles. They always end up spending the money for the 3M and never look back.

Mike

Back