Strut or Stinger on a Mono hull??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raydee

I am not really a big fan of Mono's, I have built a few in the past and never really liked the way they ran compared to cats and hydro's. I am curious to see what the majority of guys are running on their mono's, Stingers or struts?

Yeah I built my last boat with a stinger and didn't like it compared to a strut. The funny thing is if you go to the electric forums nobody is using a strut.

JMO ...Having built monos with both. I would suggest a strut for 2 reasons. Struts for the most part will be easier to adjust over a wider range. Alot of the stinger styles have an adjustment screw or turnbuckle which is nearly vertical. this makes it nearly impossible for this screw to hold an adjustment and this means you will need to overtighten the clamp screw

Mine was a speedmaster drive, I liked the drive and it held up well but believe a strut is easier to adjust.

some of the newer electric stingers are nice and use a different adjustment method for angle

check the stinger length vs. the recommended strut for the boat

Back