starting point needed for 3rd channel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ww29

i have 3rd channel installed in my .21 rigger. i have the needle 3 turns out.how do i set 3rd channel base

Good question. Blow into the fuel like with a line put on the carb, notice the flow and resistance. Put the needle in the boat, hook up lines, then blow into the fuel line. turn the remote needle till feel a similar resistance. make it so the needle are is at the middle of the stroke. That will be a good starting point.

Make sure your arm is in the nuetral position and have the needle three turns out, also have your radio set at zero

i mean when it goes on lean does the needle base go to all way closed

Lean is with the needle closed. Fat is it opened. Most 3rd needles that have a thread set up, turn clockwise to lean. There are others out there that need to be set up according to the manufacture instructions IE (perry, fuel doctor). Hope that answers your question.

Mike

i mean when it goes on lean does the needle base go to all way closed
i think i know what he is asking.you do not want the turning part of the remote needle to bottom out when it is full lean.you what to have it about 1/4 to 3/4 of a turn from bottoming out when it is at full lean on the radio set up. hope this helps.mike.

william, what needle are you using? the os needle in don's base starts out at 1/2 turn open on the base that the servo controls. set the manual part of the needle from there

thank you michael and mopar that answered my question

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back