question about 3rd channel mixing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 28441

I want to get into nitro riggers but never setup 3rd channel needle mixing, any insight on radio setup?

Very easy to do.

You just go to your dial menu and set the dial you want to control the needle and set it for channel 3.

Then you will want to set the amount of steps. This controls how sensitive or how much correction each increment will make.

You can literally set it to do your full range of needle travel in just 2 steps or finely adjustable with like say 30 steps.

Use your EPA on that channel to limit the throw. And of course you can forward and reverse that channel too so clockwise can lean it out or whatever your preference is.

Last edited:
Plug your 3rd servo into CH3 in your RX...and depending on the Transmitter you can select what "Switch or dial" controls that servo.. in our world a "dial" is best but I have seen them on push buttons.

In the TX you will be able to set endpoints.. reversing and have full adjustability of that servo.

Grim

Attachments

• 7pxl.jpg
    7pxl.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 0
I like to set the 3rd channel on the button in front of the wheel so I can reach it with my index finger of my steering hand. I set the servo so that hitting the button upward to richen "UP" the needle, and hitting the button downward to lean it "DOWN". On the PK Futaba's I set each click to give me two bites per click.

Last edited:
Total game changer to be able to adjust fuel mixture on the fly, for me it was so much easier to tune the motor, all my nitro boats are setup with a 3rd channel John Otto mixture control

Latest posts

Back