SSP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Reese

I got a SSP and It wont lite up or turn on. Rossi 7.5 engine and same props as allways

But when I put on Irwins big pipe, that is much larger than the SSP, up the RPMs go.

I realy cant see the pipe getting shorter than what it is and how would I make it longer if needed?

Could this pipe be for a .21 and was marked a .45 pipe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Joe I run the nova pipes on my outboards,.... they are cut very short, to the point where the radius of the pipe starts, ( havent got a measurement for you, my boats are 21's ) I cut an angle to on the pipe to match up with an angle cut on the header, and install coupler,.... dont know, if you cant get the r's up, shorten it a little at a time until you do, ( at your own risk, there may be other factors involved?) Ive always been able to " cut to tune" with mine, so, I guess maybe Im lucky..... Good luck........Mike

My 7.5 tunnel is set up like the little ones with 3/8 above center line and High reving

With the Irwins quiet pipe. The SSP mesures 11.5 inches I cant determin center. Add 4 inches

of engine center and header to that. In the Baffle the stinger is close to Two inches long unlike any other

7.5 pipe I have seen.

I got a SSP and It wont lite up or turn on. Rossi 7.5 engine and same props as allways

But when I put on Irwins big pipe, that is much larger than the SSP, up the RPMs go.

I realy cant see the pipe getting shorter than what it is and how would I make it longer if needed?

Hi Joe

sory for comming in so late I have spent the weekend sorting out my net conection! Now people can ring me!

anyway your pipe is a 45 size pipe. We need to determine if the pipe is getting hot enough to turn on and is there enough fuel. Can you give me an idea of what length you have it set at from the plug center right through to the pressure nipple that marks the widest point in the pipe. Alloy pipes will heat up very quickly and carbon takes a while longer. My MAC 21 is not getting hot enough at the moment and wont turn on until lap 3 where a month ago it was on from the first lap. also on the MAC I had to shorten the pipe more to come up into the high rev range, I though I was going too short and was going to loose my low end but its still ok. so if you can give me an indication of the length i can send you details for these pipes that are running on other engines.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

The Irwin quiet pipe is at 9''3/4 inches and the SSP is 9 1/2 The pipe does get hot!

:) Hey Joe! Pulsetech is on it... if youre getting heat like that your motor's workin too hard......possibly raise the motor a little to unload the prop, or try a smaller prop to get the r's up, and, on the pipe,......My boat's acting like daves too, Im giving it a little leeway cause the waters cold, once you get it to turn on look out..... mike

undefined

HE HE

undefined

HE HE
childish
Pulse i would have said

BABYISH (grow up james)

I have a SPP 7.5 and cannot falut it against my equi and aeromarine pipes.

When the carbon it hot the motors are rockets.

Last edited by a moderator:
undefined

HE HE
childish
Pulse i would have said

BABYISH (grow up james)

I have a SPP 7.5 and cannot falut it against my equi and aeromarine pipes.

When the carbon it hot the motors are rockets.
I have gotten to know James pretty well here, and this isnt something he would put on a post. Im sorry gents, but I really dont think Mr Irwin himself posted that!

I just got off the phone with James, and he said to give all of you his apologies, that he has his gandson over and when he gets home is going to see if he was messign around on thsi site. James said he was messign around on the computer. He also said if so, he will turn his behind from white to red, LoL. Anyhow, I didnt think james would post something like this, his apologies everyone, and he also said he might not be on for awhile, because of his eye site problem. Hope you all understand

Latest posts

Back