Squaring Flex Shafts?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buckshot,

I run the lead teflon bushings, and only grease them when I grease the cable. ( once a day ) If the prop is "right" they will last as long as any other bushing, only smoother and freer.

Don
default_smile.png

I have all the parts you need...I re lube after the second heat...

Bob
How?
Unscrew the set screws and the stub shaft slides out...lube it and reinstall the stub shaft...tighten the set screws on the ferrule and you're good to go. Takes less time than fueling...
Thanks. That makes sense to me. This set up would eliminate all clamping stresses and all axial stresses on the flex cable. = Increased flex cable life. It would also reduce stress on engine bearings (no axial load on the crankshaft). Probably has less friction overall for the combined engine & driveline when compared to a "clamped" flex cable. And there is no way to lose a prop if the flex cable fails. I like it!

My son is going to help me make a short educational video on how to measure for double square and how to install it. I think that will help guys see how the system works...

Thanks, Bob

Back