Sport 40's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here my last winter project powered by k45
here the interior and a picture of the real boat

it's call Pigeon /bergeron Hydroplane
my friend buy the mold from M.Pigeon few years ago the hull have 40x20 inch

he make r/c first and after he build the mold for the real one

if you want i give you the email of my friends maybe he have time for mold more...

we live in montreal and we have a lot of hydroplane race around here

Pat

I have a question for the Sport 40 owners out there,,, What is a good starting piont for the strut depth? I am building a Whiplash 40 that will be electric powered.. It will be running a CMDI 47-50mm 3 blade props..

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, here is my sport 40, it is a Maus Scorpion. Me and my son are in the starting phases of a rebuild and can not wait till spring and open water.

Here is my Whiplash 40 fast electric,,, setup with Neu 1527/1Y on 6s2p..

ebay_301.jpg

ebay_310.jpg

Nice looking boats! I know most of you race IMPBA and I do not know the set of rules you race under, but if you plan on racing in a NAMBA event you need to make sure you look over section 20 of the rule book that you can get at www.NAMBA.com. I have seen photos posted here of boats that would not be legal at a NAMBA event. I know that many local clubs fail to enforce the rules thinking they are helping out but in fact that can hurt. If all along a guy is running a boat at his local club and decides to take their racing on the road to see how they stack up at the National level only to be told he can't race until he covers his pipe, has too deep of pickle fork, Has no numbers or sponsor name, has hydro shoes... that hurts not helps. Section 20.b.5 of the NAMBA rule book states " There will be no exposed tuned pipes allowed. Tuned pipes will be covered by a deck, a cowl, or an exhaust shroud..." . Make sure if you race NAMBA sport classes that you read section 20. If you have questions please either call or email the Sport Hydro chairman for clarification. If you know of a local racer that has a boat that is not legal don't tell him all of a sudden he can't run but give them a race or two and help them to fix the problem. This way if they decide to go race in other parts of the country or to a National event they will not get caught off guard with a boat that can't be raced.

Eric brings up an excellent point - "club rules" can hurt the hobby. Many clubs allow their members to race boats that aren't legal by the sanctioning body's rules, and if the members never race outside the club, maybe that's okay. But go to a Regional or National race and this sets things up for hurt feelings and recriminations. Remember the noise rule enforcement debacle at a Nationals a few years ago? That wasn't pretty, and would not have happened if the clubs in question had been enforcing the legal noise limits all along - as they were supposed to have done.

Just something to think about, no one wants to hurt a fellow racer's feelings.

Thanks Robert

I just finished painting it.Now time to smack talk ................YOU are goin...............well maybe it is to early to smack talk i still have to test it LOL.

tn_IMG_3939.JPGtn_IMG_3940.JPGG_3953.JPG]

This is my frist sport 40 the green and yellow power by a OS 40 still tuning. The white one is my 2nd sport 40 hull, Ive a CMB 45 for this one. Still trying to find out who made this hull and any set-up infor would be great. Also run tunnels just started inbroads

Mike

tn_IMG_3953.JPG

tn_IMG_3954.JPG

tn_IMG_3942.JPG

This is my Red Bull PT Sport 40 (old, old hull) currently powered by a CMB 45 RS. I would like to retire this boat but lack of funds for a new sport 40 may press it back into service again in 2009.

View attachment 10762

Josh-
That's a very sharp boat. Is the rear wing legal for IMPBA? Where would I get one? Looks great. Much more scale appearing.

Latest posts

Back