Sport 40 (Twin .21)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I dont have a video because I didnt make it very far in the course due to some issues with set up . but I have an update. Took the boat out with different propellers

M440,x440/3 and 1440

First I had the struts too deep but with the help of Mr. RoadRunner we push the struts up 1/8 the boat started running a little better.

Now the only issue I had was that I had the exhaust has a Y and that wasnt helping when I fired one everything was great but when I fired the other they started fighting each other. so I took the Y off and just ran the exhaust as normal and it started running a little better. Problem solved.

Then another issue popped up I have the engines mounted on the cradle they are not isolated from one engine to another so the vibrations/harmonics were making one engine surge and on and off but overall the boat showed lots of potential.

what I have to do now is redo the exhaust and have a come out as singles for each engine and cut the engine mount and half and isolate one motor from another and we should be good to go.

When the engines did come on together. It took off like a rocket pretty dam fast.

All this is trial and error because Ive never built anything like this so Im learning as I go

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate all the sharing of info. Having a "sister" (duplicate) of that boat is on the bucket list....

Hey when do we get to see this baby cooking around the lake???
the boat ran really good the last time we ran it. we have to make a few modifications to the engine mount and its ready for the water again. it did haul ass and showed lots of promise but we are making progress. now if i can get wilfong to make the the mods to the exhaust and also isolate the engines we should be at the pond fairly quick. its going to be a rocket once we get the boat setup.. unfortunately it wont be able to be raced because of the current rules.. so its just a fun boat at the moment. i have been working on getting my New Twin Roadrunner pictured below ready for the water so that boat takes priority after that the F Tunnel and the Sport 40 Twin .21 will be up for further testing.
Julian

20180610_202203400_iOS.jpg

CA477255-923B-4107-8421-49F779D58DC6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back