sport .21 wood kit need help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard Welch Jr.

hi need help with who makes the best wood kit for heat raceing or fiberglass i would rather go with wood

and how do i get the info on the kit to buy one

thanks

hi need help with who makes the best wood kit for heat raceing or fiberglass i would rather go with wood and how do i get the info on the kit to buy one

thanks
Wood, probably Brian Blazer's Whiplash. Glass, Phil Thomas's Super Sport 21.

I build a very good sport 21 hull. It's not cheap... if are interested, PM me and I will shed some light.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a sport 20 In prints with a fiberglass cowl (no build sheet,haven't had time to do one).Been trying to get the sport 20 epoxyglass hull done .The epoxy one in the pic came out a little crappy "OK" alot crappy"but salvageable,it was the very first one out of the mold + it's my first time learning how to mold a whole hull(got the cowls down great), need time to work out some of the kinks & processes(had hard time with the vacuum equipment and how much material to use) to make a good product before I can offer them to the public. Hopfully soon,"yea I have been saying this for a year &1/2 now" But I'm getting there.

Bob Tuttle builds awesome sport 20's he is a real craftsman you can't go wrong.

Mike

Thanks Mike, It is a great running boat. I was giving Jim Wilson fits last weekend, so much so, that he forgot to fuel in the 4th round. It was the best run so far with this new hull. I think that guys are suffering sticker shock. For the record... I spend nearly 40 hours or more building those hulls. 400.00 minus materials is about 310.00 or so. 310.00 for 40 hrs =7.90 an hour. give or take. man, I think it's safe to say I'm not doing it to make money. An amazing amount of work. I just happen to enjoy building wood boats.

Bob

I have 90+ photos of the hull during construction in my members gallery on this site.

check 'em out.

Latest posts

Back