Boaters, Need a Little Help...........1/8 Scale Circus Circus Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Valentage

A Great Lakes Model Boat Club member donated this boat to us to sell and add to our Fundraiser pot. We are getting a lot of questions to what kit is (basically who made it).
We would like to sell it with a little more information on it (see pics)
Any help would be appreciated.

Its hull is fiberglass and wood, the canopy is 100% fiberglass

Aeromarine
Dumas
ML
?????????

Rich

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 0
If the whole boat is glass with wood inserts,it might be aeromarine. But with screw down radio box its old style. The dumas kit was all wood with plastic or glass cowl.
The boat appears to be glass with wood inserts for rails. The tail is fiberglass. Leaning toward Aeromarine maybe. Possible Dumas..........thanks for the input boaters.
Rich

hum... Steve Muck use to make them that way.. (I have one) (U100).. but looking at that one.. its a Dumas!

Grim

I don’t recall Aeromarine ever producing a Circus Circus hull. I know they did a Turbine Bud and a Miller from like 85 or so. It could be a Dumas hull that someone glassed over. It sure looks like the Dumas kit boat. I’m pretty sure that Dumas made ABS cowls for that kit so maybe take a look at the cowl and see if it’s glass or plastic.

I don’t recall Aeromarine ever producing a Circus Circus hull. I know they did a Turbine Bud and a Miller from like 85 or so. It could be a Dumas hull that someone glassed over. It sure looks like the Dumas kit boat. I’m pretty sure that Dumas made ABS cowls for that kit so maybe take a look at the cowl and see if it’s glass or plastic.
Dumas offered a glass cowl also.

Back