Sport 20 Hydros

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forresterace said:
Now that we have this forum and this topic, I'll repost my earlier query about Sport 20 hydro hull size.
Hi guys

One of my planned projects this winter is to design a new "Q" Sport Hydro (18 cells). While talking to Tom Moorehouse on the phone recently, he suggested that since the Sport 20 class was similarly sized that I should do one of them as well. I thought about this for a while and begun to wonder if it would be possible to do a dual-purpose design for both classes. I think that would be a cool idea.

So here I am asking for anyone's advice on what constitutes an optimum size for a Sport 20 hull.

Thanks in advance.
You might want to concentrate on the nitro Sport 20 side, Doug.

Q Sport Hydro is like a sasquatch, you hear about it but you never actually see it!

In an earlier post it was mentioned how 4-cell classes were flatlining due to lack of participation. Well, at least there is some activity (at Batavia) of 4-cell racing.

I have been to 9 races in three years and have never seen Q Sport Hydro run. Not once. N2 Sport Hydro was even run once at one of those 9 races (as a trial class).

If the class-clutter in NAMBA electric racing was cleaned up and the classes with little or no participation were eliminated, probably M Hydro, M Mono, Q Sport Hydro, and maybe some others would be dropped.

Sad. But true.

You might want to concentrate on the nitro Sport 20 side, Doug.

Q Sport Hydro is like a sasquatch, you hear about it but you never actually see it!

Kevin You have never been to Ca. I run mine all the time. Dennis Whitt has one. Andy Kunz had one Lee got it now, Jeff V. Has one, the crumgrabbers have one, Rick Raymus Has one there is more...... I have never seen you in Foirida,Seattle,L.A. or Texas but you do race, get my point?

Guest said:
come to think of it you saw mine run at the MI cup

Randy

BBY

Guest_Randy Naylor said:
Guest said:
come to think of it you saw mine run at the MI cup

Randy

BBY
[i have never seen you in Foirida,Seattle,L.A. or Texas but you do race, get my point? ]

I may not fly around the country attending races (and be snobby to those who don't) but, I can read:

2000 NAMBA Elec. NATS (NJ): No Q Sport Hydro

2001 NAMBA Elec. NATS (AK): No Q Sport Hydro

2002 NAMBA Elec. NATS (WA): No Q Sport Hydro

2003 NAMBA Elec. NATS (CA): Q ans S Sport Hydro combined

2001 Michigan Cup: No Q Sport Hydro

2002 Michigan Cup: No Q Sport Hydro

2003 Michigan Cup: No Q Sport Hydro

2000 Spring Splash (WA): No Q Sport Hydro

2003 Conroe Fast Electrics Invitational (TX): No Q Sport Hydro

2003 Florida Hydro Shootout: No Q Sport Hydro

Where are all of those Q Sport Hydro races at?

Kevin

Although I did mention "Q" Sport Hydro, what I'm mainly developing the hull for is for an XLSH class that we are going to start running at our local club next season. This will be 20 cells and using a "spec" 800 GRX brushed motor. It is coincidental that it will be sized appropriately also for "Q" Sport Hydro and 20 Sport Hydro.

Sorry I did not mean to be snobby (I know that that is not me). The class is new, 2003 is the first year offered at NAMBA Nationals. I could take the same stance as you did with LSO or the unliminited offshore class. They have not been run anywhere except where they were originated.

I like the idea that the new test XLSH will fit in to the hull size along with Sport 20 and Q Sport Hydro. I have had the 30 inch War Eeagle for 5 years. The 30 inch SS hydro was started 2 years ago. now I am working on two shovels. I plan on hitting 80 MPH at the SAW's in Q Sport Hydro in 2004. This class is no Phantom to me, It is my favorite cell count and hull type. I have had a lot of fun racing in califorina with this class. so when you say "Q Sport Hydro is like a sasquatch, you hear about it but you never actually see it!" Ya got me going.

Back