Speedmaster Stinger question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raydee

I have built a few mono's before and used regular struts but this time I decided to try a stinger. In the instructions it says to run just 1/8" of the stuffing tube into the stinger which will leave a gap between the stinger mount and the stinger itself. In a nitro boat that would be no big deal but on my boat I can't have any water creeping back up through the stuffing tube and into the hull. Has anyone tried running the stuffing tube deeper into the stinger and still been able to make some adjustment? I know with the tube all the way into the stinger making adjustments might be a limited a bit but I just wonder if its possible at all. I figure to make the end of the stuffing tube a little softer I could aneal it so it bends pretty easy.

i run both of mine deeper into the stinger assembly. i havent had anyproblems at all.

all i did was sand the tubing so tha tit slides into the stinger very easily.

works great

they are installed on a 20 speedmaster mono and a nitro powered insane mono.

carl

i run both of mine deeper into the stinger assembly. i havent had anyproblems at all.
all i did was sand the tubing so tha tit slides into the stinger very easily.

works great

they are installed on a 20 speedmaster mono and a nitro powered insane mono.

carl
Ok great, I was hoping that would work. Do you still get about 1 degree or so of adjustment without killing the end of the stuffing tube?

yes but you only need maybe about a 1/44 turn of an allen wrench one way or the other for attitude adjustment.

once it is set, tighten everything down and you are set.

i havent touched the 20 monos stinger in 5 seasons and have only had to adjust the stinger on the big boat twice.

carl

i race with carl, & he doesn't have to mess with his boats. fuel 'em, fire 'em & run 'em. and they run good B) !!

Ok sounds good, I rwill run the tube through the stinger then. Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Back