speedmaster hardware

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about you start a thread in the general forum and show us this God given talent you have and your product line... I was going to adk you about a balancer but after your junk coment I don't think so. Speedmaster is great to work with. Wish I could have said the same to you....
I'm not saying they are not great people to work with, I just think they sell an inferior product.

You have never had toe opportunity to work with me, so how do you know you you can't say the same for me.
You are right, I never have and never will as well as others that see this little junk deal........ Not a good business plan on your part...
Gee, I'm so disappointed!!! I guess you'll never know what quality R/C boat parts really are.

Im disappoiinted?Steve you need to sell parts or just shut up.Ive always had good parts and service from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speedmaster hardware is a standard to the point many boats come with the transom drilled to there Bolt pattern. So dont be surprise if you have to Copy there bolt pattern arrangment to get another brand to fit the transom. They have always kept the prices Relatively low to keep others out of the market!!!!!!

Steve Seebold- if you want to offer your services to the boaters that's a good thing but to call someone's product, especially one who's brought tons of quality items to the racers for years not to mention countless raffle prize donations "junk" is way out of line. You need to tone the aggressive commenting down as this has not been the first time I have received complaints about your posts. So bottom line is bring what you have to offer boaters to the table and please refrain from the derogatory comments on what other people make and/or sell.

Steve Seebold- if you want to offer your services to the boaters that's a good thing but to call someone's product, especially one who's brought tons of quality items to the racers for years not to mention countless raffle prize donations "junk" is way out of line. You need to tone the aggressive commenting down as this has not been the first time I have received complaints about your posts. So bottom line is bring what you have to offer boaters to the table and please refrain from the derogatory comments on what other people make and/or sell.
Thank You Don,,, You seem to always come up with the right thing to say, and the right way to say it..

So lets see all this fantastic super hardware that makes SM look like junk.. So far the only junk here are the comments not backed up by product,.. at least that I have seen...

I have no idea why people have lost their respect for their fellow human beings.. I just don't get it..

Tactfulness! GeorgiaScaleBoater, you're absolutely right. I call it like I see it, and I would expect none the less if I made an inferior product. So you say!!! Will Speedmaster make a one off part for you?Don't know, haven't asked,,, yet I will. Oh, no you won't As I said in an earlier post, a one off will probably cost you a little more, but how many hardware manufacturers will do a one off. Most guys with CNC's want to set their machine up and let it run all week and hire a monkey to push the green button. I don't like making more than about 25 pieces.And I see that as a problem, I'm at a race, need a part,, someone there will more than likely have a replacement,,, I can make the next round. I have one of your 25 piece runs,,, I break something,,, I'm screwed.. who else has bought one of you 25 pieces runs????

OK, junk is a harsh word. I make hardware too. I just don't make as much as Speedmaster. I make stuff for people who tell me Speedmaster stuff is too flexible for their application. AND my prices are higher than Speedmaster.

I just took a look at the Accutech Hardware site, and it's the same stuff as Speedmaster.

Does no one have originality any more? Or does everyone think the same way? Oh, it works for this guy, so let's just make an exact copy and maybe cut his price a little.

I tell everyone, I refuse to compromise on quality and I will not lower my price. If I am told "oh, I can get it over here for less, I tell them that's the place to go.

I have had people replace Speedmaster with my stuff. Do you know what they do then? They reorder.

My signature line on other bulletin boards is "YOU CAN BUY GOOD PARTS OR YOU CAN BUY CHEAP PARTS, BUT YOU CAN'T BUY GOOD CHEAP PARTS".

I have seen others that say "you can have them good, cheap or fast. Pick two."

I am making some stuff for a gentleman who told me Speedmaster stuff is flexible so I bought a piece to see what he was talking about. NOW I see why he says it's flexible.

I realize their 3 piece rudder assemblies allow for a one size fits all base, but what's wrong with a little modernization.

Yes, they do make hardware for ALL types of boats whether it be electric, gas or nitro. At this point in time, I don't and honestly, I'm not sure I want to.

Brass bushings? Give me a break. How many times during a season or year do you have to replace them?

Tactfulness! GeorgiaScaleBoater, you're absolutely right. I call it like I see it, and I would expect none the less if I made an inferior product. Will Speedmaster make a one off part for you? I will. As I said in an earlier post, a one off will probably cost you a little more, but how many hardware manufacturers will do a one off. Most guys with CNC's want to set their machine up and let it run all week and hire a monkey to push the green button. I don't like making more than about 25 pieces.

I have a couple of jobs on the bench right now that are 60 pieces each and I am really starting to get bored.

RodneyPierce, Speedmaster hardware is the best you have EVER used, because you have never used mine.

Does Speedmaster put a warrantee on their product against defective workmanship or material? I do. My warrantee says "IF MY PRODUCT FAILS, DUE TO DEFECTIVE WORKMANSHIP OR MATERIAL, I WILL REPLACE IT OR REFUND YOUR MONEY, "YOUR CHOICE". The only thing I don't warrantee is the lead teflon bushings and I won't use brass.

Because of this post.. my decision as to what hardware I avoid, is made. Not that he appears to care..

Good luck with your venture Steve..

Grimracer

Don, I will try to be more careful about with what I say here from now on. The only product I remember saying anything about was the prop cutter someone posted for sale a few weeks ago. If I remember correctly I commented on the price, but I also said it was a great idea, but I think I can see a couple of places where it can use some improvement, and I thought his price was out of line. I tried real hard not to make what I said offensive. I think I said I could make them for less than $400.00, but after looking closer, and the number I would sell, I'm not sure I want to make them at all.

I am down until January 7, 2013, but after that I will post some pictures of some of my stuff. Until now, I have been concentrating on running gear for gas boats because until recently I have had no call for nitro or electric parts. But since the last straght line event in LA, I have received calls for both.

Steve Steve first rule in sales is not to bad mouth there product on X-MASS you can give free samples to all of us to show how nice a product that you have . Untell you make a name for your self your just killing the hobby. If I saw your hard wear on a winning boats then I would take real notice . None of us will buy anything from untested unproovin hardware like yours. Sorry but

but ill stick with speed master and if I want to go fast I will buy Andy Browns hardware if im going to spend a little moreand i will

wait ya but it worth it. Thanks but no thanks Charlie

I run at the pond with Harry and Ross and thy are buds of mine.

Ross is are new club Pres (Orlando Culvert Dodgers)

Harry is reluctant to expand there product line as he has enough work to keep him busy as it is.

There is a need for some new product in the market.

Ross is looking to get a few niche pieces made and is having to farm them out at this point.

There material is not the hardest that can be used because of the tooling wear on a high production level and the cost restraints that go with it.

I have used Accu-tech and it is made from better material. real tough stuff.

I have also used B&B hardware and it is not as strong or the quality as the stuff Andy made.

So there is a need for some top notch hardware for those that want it.

But DUDE don't come out and call it JUNK.

What the H$ll where you thinking.

David

Speedmaster products use to be 6061 alloy & it is best on high production runs. 7075 is much harder But it kills the tooling also. Some others have made smaller runs on hard alloys & the cost was extreme. Rudder Blades today are one of the most abused parts on the back of a boat. All of my boats have Speedmaster or Seaducer Hardware & we have plenty of replacement parts to go with them incase of a wreck........ I dont know of a single hardware mfger or boat mfger that makes there product crash proof? Many times over the last 13 years of racing we move the speedmaster or Seaducer hardware to another hull after the boat hull is Worn Out.... So the Service life is 100% most all of the time. Maybe IF someone has a Design change for our current hardware needs? it dont make everyones else product BAD...........

You are disrespectful jerk for making this statement . Who the hell do you think you are to completely discredit a line of hardware that has been around for more than a decade , set more records , won more races and has been designed by a well respected Hall of Fame member Bill Mc Graw along with Harry at Speedmaster and much input from racers , than anything you will produce .

What have you done ?? Maybe there are some finer points that some guys would like to change but to say this line or Accutechs line is junk just shows your azz . These lines are well made , available , and reasonably priced . Lets see what you can do to overshadow their good points hotshot !

Put me on the list , which is very long by now , of boaters whom will NEVER buy anything from you . Nice job shooting yourself in the foot pal .

24fiteh.jpg

You are disrespectful jerk for making this statement . Who the hell do you think you are to completely discredit a line of hardware that has been around for more than a decade , set more records , won more races and has been designed by a well respected Hall of Fame member Bill Mc Graw along with Harry at Speedmaster and much input from racers , than anything you will produce .

What have you done ?? Maybe there are some finer points that some guys would like to change but to say this line or Accutechs line is junk just shows your azz . These lines are well made , available , and reasonably priced . Lets see what you can do to overshadow their good points hotshot !

Put me on the list , which is very long by now , of boaters whom will NEVER buy anything from you . Nice job shooting yourself in the foot pal .

24fiteh.jpg
Tom, I come from 40+ years in the aerospace and defense industries where this kind of stuff would be rejected as defective product.

I have to think it would be easier to make rudder standoffs in one piece instead of two or three. It saves machine time and it saves hardware. It eliminates 2 stainless steel screws, nuts and washers. I know that's only about 30 cents on each part, but when you consider hundreds or thousands of parts, that adds up to a lot of money by the end of the year.

I was in a pissy mood the other night when I made that statement. Will I retract my statement? No. Would I communicate improvements I think they could make to their line? Absolutely. Would I suggest tooling improvements which would bring down manufacturing costs? Again, absolutely. Would I make prototype stuff for them? You can count on it. Will I share some of my secrets with them? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

24fiteh.jpg
Tom, I come from 40+ years in the aerospace and defense industries where this kind of stuff would be rejected as defective product.

I have to think it would be easier to make rudder standoffs in one piece instead of two or three. It saves machine time and it saves hardware. It eliminates 2 stainless steel screws, nuts and washers. I know that's only about 30 cents on each part, but when you consider hundreds or thousands of parts, that adds up to a lot of money by the end of the year.

I was in a pissy mood the other night when I made that statement. Will I retract my statement? No. Would I communicate improvements I think they could make to their line? Absolutely. Would I suggest tooling improvements which would bring down manufacturing costs? Again, absolutely. Would I make prototype stuff for them? You can count on it. Will I share some of my secrets with them? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
It seems to me that you are in a pissy mood all the time <_< you sound like a 16 year old that knows a all and NOT 68 maybe its time you act your age

Enough of the caustic posts, any more and this thread is toast. Be civil and resolve the situation............
Don, can I send you a set of running gear for a gas mono and have you evaluate on Intlwaters?

Or can you recommend someone who could give an honest impartial opinion inspite of what I said?

I would like someone to install it on a boat, run it and tell everyone here what they think.

I gave one gentleman willing to do so already. His parts will go out in the next two weeks. I would like a couple more.

Here is some stuff I made for a guy over on Model Gas Boats.com.

It really fits into what my shop is for. I like doing one off parts.

I made the engine rails, and all the small parts you see in the pics.

My real specialty is one to twenty-five pieces. Any more than that and I get really bored, then my production rate falls way off because I would rather go sit on my arse and watch TV than run parts.

When that happens, I'll break off at 25 pieces and do something else then come back later to finish, or run 25 more.

WOODY'DS RAIL 3.jpg

WOODY'S RAIL 4.jpg

Back