spectrum vs futaba and wich one do u perfer and why

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunny.. this has a gas 34 four stroke in it.

Separate RX, Batter and regulator for the upper wing.. The fuse has it own radio system and regs.. ALL LIFE packs.

New this year will be a 14SG to guide it (the old 7C is gone)..

The pilot is fully articulated and runs a pre-programed routine.

go to grimracer1 on youtube to see the plane and pilot.

Thanks again Greg Hahn for the kit and your inspiration.
That pilot is BAD AZZ
default_biggrin.png

Dunny.. this has a gas 34 four stroke in it.

Separate RX, Batter and regulator for the upper wing.. The fuse has it own radio system and regs.. ALL LIFE packs.

New this year will be a 14SG to guide it (the old 7C is gone)..

The pilot is fully articulated and runs a pre-programed routine.

go to grimracer1 on youtube to see the plane and pilot.

Thanks again Greg Hahn for the kit and your inspiration.
That pilot is BAD AZZ
default_biggrin.png

Can't argue with that. All he needs now is to raise up a bony hand and wave to everyone as he flies by

I have updated the programing so he looks off from side to side as the plane flys. He still gives the ready to go head nod as he ready's for flight.

Lit go of the sick.. what.. do you think he has a DEATH WISH! lol Bahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Grim

Great looking FOKKER D7! Must be at least 1/4 scale. I haven't done any flying in years............need to get back to doing that again. Have fun with your airplane!

Dick Tyndall

Futaba users,

I was going through these old posts about Futaba vs Spektrum and I noticed you were really supportive of the Futaba 3PM system. Do you use the receiver that comes with it, R603FF? I was looking to get this system but the only thing holding me back was that I didn't see anything about water-resistant for the receiver. When looking at the Spektrum and the MR3000 marine receiver, I noticed it says that it's specifically designed for marine and is water-resistant.

I'm assuming based on your comments that you've never had a water issue with your receiver but wanted to know what receiver you ran and if you knew whether it was considered water-resistant or not. My radio box gets a little wet from time to time so that's what made me look at the MR3000 first. Then I saw old rumors of Spektrums losing radio contact and was scared to go that route. However, from what I've read, I haven't seen one instance of the MR3000 losing radio contact.

Thanks for your time and input,

Reid

I think Speektrum quit making the marine RX. The Fast 603 FF/FS RX's are awesome! Some suggestions, first repair the leaks in your radio box and what ever RX you decide on put it in a bag or ballon. Also Hitec and Savox make quality waterproof servo's for marine use. Lastly if the RX comes with an antenna use it with an external antenna mounted on tne radio box hatch cover. Good luck.

I've been running Futaba since starting RC back in 84. Currently using 4PK with several 603s. Each rx and servos are opened and sprayed with CRC 2-26. Since starting this routine, never had issues with any water that gets into the box. CRC is at Home-Depot, Lowes, etc....

Futaba baby all the way. The POS Spectrum(while using the marine receivers even)crashed two brand new boats of mine all to hell. All new systems in both on their maiden voyages.

Futaba receivers can be waterproofed. Takes 5 minutes and $5.

Range completely unaffected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using FUTABA for more than 40 years and have no major problem.

The current 2 x 4PX and 4GRS are serving me well.

I'd prefer Futaba or Airtronics.

I've been a life-long Airtronics user. Airtronics has a long legacy of competition surface radio's and peripherals (2 & 3-chan radio's, specialized servo's, etc.,...). I like Airtronics range of specialized servo models.

I'm using a new M12, 4-channel surface radio, very nice:

http://www.airtronics.net

I also still make use of my 1990's 3PS Caliber FM (narrow-band) pistol radio's.

Airtronics_SurfaceSystems_Catalog-1997.pdf

Attachments

• Airtronics_SurfaceSystems_Catalog-1997.pdf
    395.1 KB · Views: 8
David,

JR........ Spektrum........ Same-same. Both are made in the same plant(s), to the same standards. They use the previous generation JR Tx shell for their latest Spektrum model and mold them in grey instead of black. That's the only difference between the two. Words straight outta the mouth of a JR field rep.

I'm still not using any "marine" Rx, without a single glitch. Keep 'em dry and you don't have to worry about it. Other than waterproofing efforts, there is no difference between the marine and non-marine Rx.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Here is the facts

Spectrum excels in the car world because they are cheap. If you trust a boat on water with cheap go for it.

Let the guys that know everything about everything use Spektrum and the rest of us use Futaba 2.4 Fast.
default_tongue.png

Back