Shockwave

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GMAT

I was just wondering if anybody could get the shockwave boats to handle worth a flip. We clocked this one at 43mph just before it blew over backwards .We have added longer trim tabs ,move the strut up and down ,added weight to the front .It has the dynamite .32 motor running 30

percent nitro_Our ideas have run out . If anyone can help we would appreciate it.

Thanks ,Larry

I was just wondering if anybody could get the shockwave boats to handle worth a flip. We clocked this one at 43mph just before it blew over backwards .We have added longer trim tabs ,move the strut up and down ,added weight to the front .It has the dynamite .32 motor running 30percent nitro_Our ideas have run out . If anyone can help we would appreciate it.

Thanks ,Larry
43 mph is moving right a long for that hull. I would be happy with that. cup the prop to take some lift out but you will probably lose mph!!!!!!!

Most of the problems that I've seen online were those from chine-walking at high speeds, none from blow-overs yet until yours. This one is because the trim tabs are set too far out so when the boat gets up to higher speeds than what it was made for the tabs become useless as they're not really touching the water at plus 40.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the problems that I've seen online were those from chine-walking at high speeds, none from blow-overs yet until yours. This one is because the trim tabs are set too far out so when the boat gets up to higher speeds than what it was made for the tabs become useless as they're not really touching the water at plus 40.
Ron hit it on the head,or should i say on the tabs....It was my first trip to the local pond and was amazed at the shockwave 36 that was runnin,this thing was dialed in right except for a little chine walk,after the owner brought it back in,questions were asked,and yes he did move the tabs inboard a smidge,for the exact reasons Ron mentioned,he then pulled out his pliers and bent the starboard inboard corner down another 1/8" to help offset the chine walk which it did,while I can only guess'timate the speed, I figger 43-45mph and runnin true is conservative, in your case, you might also want to check strut angle,adding a little -angle (1-2*) will help to keep the bow down also,... ;)

Back