Setup question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdog-2112

Recently changed engines on a tunnel with one that has quite a bit more power. :rolleyes: When the boat gets up to speed on the straight, it rocks from side to side rather than the porpoising trouble I usually get. Tapped into my "book o knowlege" and it was made aware that the prop is to deep and the engine is to strong for the boat. Would any of the "real" tunnel experts verify what was mentioned are correct? :huh:

Thanks Y'all,

Snowdog

B)

hi snowdog from my experance it can be one of two thiings eather the engine is to low or you are maxing out the hull and it is compressing so much air it is trying to fly. i would raise the engine and give that a try hope this helps jimmy

JYD,

I suspected the prop was too deep. If that is the problem, this boat's really gonna fly when I get it set right. Just imagine, stability troubles at 50mph and the prop's too deep???

Look out records! :rolleyes:

Snowdog

Paul,

It's the CMB that got reworked! It's much better than it was as it had a few problems. Now it's much better and hopefully I can get out tomorrow and try the changes!

Snowdog

Bryan what are you setting up with the CMB?

JD WOF, TF hull, or a Villain,

Just curious,

Gene :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Gene,

It's the hull I got from James (TF443) last year. It's good hull for the engine as it's slightly heavier than the Villian. But now that Rod's worked his magic, it is much stronger than before I sent it to him.

I did have the prop to deep, it was ~ 1/16 below the bottom of the sponsons, brought it up slightly and will test it on Saturday. I think the strength of the engine was causing the prop to lift the back of the boat causing the rocking action. Oh yeah, another clue...broke a flex shaft!

P.S. the sponsons need some work, I'm going to send it to OB Nut later this year so he can replace them with some kinda cool WOF setup I've been hearing a lot about! ;)

I hate having to drain the water out of them after every run! <_<

Snowdog

Thanks Paul,

I have one of those also but wanted to set this up with the Y537/3 and a P220 I got from Shoboat. I'm not saying these props aren't working, I just haven't found the sweet spot yet. I raised the engine a tad and it did better today but it still needs work. Was still to "loose" for my liking. It ran more stable and I could get better speed out of it but my timing wasn't right for the water. Just when it was time for me to head home, the water was good again. Isn't that the luck? <_<

Snowdog

Bryan,

I think the 1440 B/C would be a propeller you should try out on that setup.

I have sold quite a few this season. Most are running in the 50's with it. They

seem to work with a modified or stock motor,I adjust the cup accordingly.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Back