servo tork. question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misshydro

Ok I need to know how much tork do you need for steering and throtle and small boats like jae.12 and sport20-40.

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea on the riggers since I don't have any. As for the sport boats, I wouldn't go lower than 75 inoz for the rudder and I'd stick to a standard servo for the throttle. If you want to take a chance with a smaller servo, it's not just your boat you're risking. A rudder servo failure can be dangerous to spectators as well.

Hitec HS85MG would work great. 42 oz. on 4.8 V. Have used them in the .21 SAW boat with no issues.

Heck 42 oz. is all we had back in the late 70's to turn our .40 and .60 boats.

Yes, almost everyone was running Futaba S-7 servos on all their boats. Throttles and rudders.

Al Hobbs

Mini servo on throttle and 100plus in ozs. on rudder w/metal gears for extra strength. My 2cents worth.

I'm using a standard size servo for my 60 hydro with only 100oz of torque. And it works just find super fast to for those quick turns.

I'm with Andy on this one. I'm using the Hitec HS85MG for the rudder servo in my new .12. This servo is more than you'll ever need in these tiny riggers. I'm using the S3115 Futaba for the throttle.

Hitec HS85MG would work great. 42 oz. on 4.8 V. Have used them in the .21 SAW boat with no issues.

found some 56 oz. how much tork do you need for throtle?

found some 56 oz. how much tork do you need for throtle?
Standard servo will be fine but some report issues with some of the hitec micros... The 85mg bb should be fine or save a buck and get the 225 PLENTY for a throtle servo and small in size and its a metal gear and ball bearing!!!

Back