Sealing Exhaust Ports

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill,

See, you answered your own question, first you pinched your liner (which I am against) and created a new problem, exhaust port leakage, so your correct, the sleeve expander is the solution, and this is satisfied by numerical technical data that is supported by the "feeling" of how the sleeve pulls out of the case.

Back in the college days, physics class, our first lesson was to learn " the angle of the dangle is directly porportional to the specific heat of the meat".

Is it as cold up North as it is in the winter ? B)

Bill,

See, you answered your own question, first you pinched your liner (which I am against) and created a new problem, exhaust port leakage, so your correct, the sleeve expander is the solution, and this is satisfied by numerical technical data that is supported by the "feeling" of how the sleeve pulls out of the case.

Back in the college days, physics class, our first lesson was to learn " the angle of the dangle is directly porportional to the specific heat of the meat".

Is it as cold up North as it is in the winter ? B)
Bill walks to work Joe, and I carry my lunch. Actually, I think it's colder in the city.

So tell the truth...

How many of you really DID go to ebay?
Not me, I have just been watching your Avatar instead.
biggrin.gif

Zach

laugh.gif
I LIKE
laugh.gif

Canada never looked better.

Wait, oh ya...I forgot I was the one with the question.

That tefon tape sounds like a challenge, and not too sure about the silicone compound in the motor but I like the method. Doesn't silicone glaze the plug? I read that somewhere I think. Maybe this hardends well enough to be safe.

Anyways, there's an old case I circled that is like the other one that's leaking. I think it's a bad combination of rough machining and maybe a taper in the bore, or how I cleaned it...whatever, but there's a good amount of blow-by on it. There's not much material there.

Last edited by a moderator:
rolleyes.gif

I'm getting the best view and even though it's navel like, its not a navel.
ohmy.gif

I think its for a temperature probe.

It isnt mine and I'm still wondering why I wasn't the first one chosen to tap it.

laugh.gif

Maybe its for a jackscrew to push the sleeve over to the exhaust port for me!

How about a poor man's sleeve pintcher?

Maybe he blew location for his pressure tap...with the sleeve in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back