scale decals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Ballard

Hi folks, can someone tell me where to find custom scale decals I would like to do some things to my miss vegas. thanx 49senior.

Mike does 2 sets per week

If its a winter project or your in a hurry you might think about where you get them. I know Mike does great work but if your impatient go else where.

Mike does 2 sets per week

If its a winter project or your in a hurry you might think about where you get them. I know Mike does great work but if your impatient go else where.
The words impatient and scale do not belong in the same sentence, LOL! If you are doing your due diligence when documenting and planning your build the graphics should be at the forefront of said planning. Mike does very nice work that is certainly worth waiting for and will do what it takes to get it right. The last set he did for my recently completed 2006 Miss Elam (the back up boat) is a testament to that, I learned the graphics for that particular boat were a far bigger PIA than they appeared at first glance. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don is right, Mike's work is top notch.

That being said, Greg is looking for decals for his Miss Vegas RTR. How about supporting your local sign shops?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info, local shops say they can't do letters that small. The problem is that I am not going to race I just have some ideas for a boat that will run well and look good (I hope).

Hi folks, can someone tell me where to find custom scale decals I would like to do some things to my miss vegas. thanx 49senior.
Greg- My Miss Vegas painted as the 1990 Oberto and two 1/8 scale photos - One as its about to be upside down. Lots of ideas for your Miss Vegas - Have some fun with it

MS1.jpgBoat 093.jpgOberto out of Water.jpgMS 7.jpg

Had to add the one with Art Oberto holding my 90 Oberto and me holding my 75 Oberto

Marty

Art Oberto 107.jpg

My Vegas hull is nothing like your boat , it's the first version. If I'm correct I think there was an article in boat modeler about doing mods I should hunt through some to check.

My Vegas hull is nothing like your boat , it's the first version. If I'm correct I think there was an article in boat modeler about doing mods I should hunt through some to check.
I have both but run the first version,its better on rough water. If the water is smooth I know im screwed.

Thanks Marty, the Oberto looks great even in the wild picture I plane on having a good time with this crazy mod I have in mind. Wayne if you come up with the article could you please let me know so I could get a copy of it. Again thanx all, FAIR WINDS AND FALLOWING SEAS....49senior

Greg all my mags are boxed up in the shed stacked 6ft high the wife won't let me go through it all to get them. I do think marty,s boat was part of the article I'm referring to as is was in oberto scheme too. Maybe Marty will confirm this for all concerned , but simply it would have the same as the ul-1 sponson bottoms .

I can vouch for the quality of Mike McKnight's work. The Hawaii Kai graphics he did for me are well done.

Nothing against mike.

Wes took fantastic care of me and I will be going to him for all scale sets. His price blew me away in comparison.

Quality was awesome
I've done a couple of not very common scale boats like the U-3 1995 Holset Turbo and some special graphics for the 80 Bud back up boat I'm doing now. I sent Wes a few photos that he has to do the artwork. He gets them spot on and in a very timely manner at a really good value. Also has some cool stuff like deck hatches, rub rail and a zillion associate sponsor decals. I would recommend Wesley's to anybody. I always like dealing with people when what they are doing for you IS what they do for a living, rather than a side business.

I always like dealing with people when what they are doing for you IS what they do for a living, rather than a side business.
no offense, but I don't see how one could earn a living solely making graphics for model boats.

Hey guys let's not turn this into something silly. To each his own. This has too much potential to get out of hand as things often do on IW.

Back