Russian K Motors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys I am new to this forum but not new to boating. I moved from Daytona Beach FL I started the club Daytona Prop Walkers back in the late 80's but moved to NY 1995. The club and members were part of IMPBA district 3. I Did the southern circuit for many years. Boating is not happening to much here in NY so I am selling everything.

I was doing some research for the K90 since I had it so long and was out of the loop for some time and found this site and seen all the talk about the K-90. I have attached some pics.

I have a one brand new K90 with two additional pistons & sleeves. I am going to list on eBay shortly as I have no use for it now. I kept it because I believe the motor is a work of art. I would consider selling it here I am not sure of the protocol to do so or wait and go see the listing on Ebay within the next couple of weeks.

You can go on ebay and research my name Rodehog33 and see my 100% feedback with over 800 feedbacks. I will be listing my Roadrunners boats Twin 90, single 90, 80, & 45. Also my Seaducer .21 surface drive Jerry C thought I was crazy to do so but I made it work and it was fast. Also I will be listing NOS old style Picco 45 & Hydro 90 motors and parts on Ebay over the next few weeks.

Thanks for looking

Robert

2014-12-27 21.35.57.jpg

2014-12-27 21.35.26.jpg

2014-12-27 21.35.43.jpg

Guys,

I know of a really nice collection of K-90 motors and parts to support them for years.

I think the collection will sell as a one lot price though?

Let me know if anyone is interested?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Email me at: [email protected]

I had some new pistons built for my K-82. I ruined a number of sleeves due to the wrist pins breaking but I think the problem has been solved by using Rossi wristpins.

The sleeves I have left are not 100% good but good enough to maybe re-use. Most of he damage is below the ports. I have only fitted one piston to an old sleeve so far but it didn't seem to run right. I didn't get enough time on it to really give it a chance so I don't know if the sleeve is too far gone or the piston is too tight. The material for the new pistons have a lot less silicon content so that may also have some effect. Some of my best running engines had pistons that I could push through the top of the sleeve so having a tight fit may not be the way to go with the K engine.

I would dearly love to find somebody that can re-finish the sleeves. I hear there are some custom engine builders out there but don't know who they are and if they can re-work an old sleeve. The scratches are not deep but probably just bad enough to loose some compression.

If somebody has old K- 82 sleeves in good condition, I would be interested I buying them.

Hello everybody .

Neil S., Get in Contact with Tim Duggan - MBC of NSW Inc. - My Home Club . I Believe that he is very Knowledgeable about these Motors .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia
Sorry,

I no longer have any Kalistratov engines or parts. Sold them all years ago.

Some advice I can suggest though is to use CMB/MAC full compliment rod needles on the 67/82/90 instead of the caged needles, and replace the wrist pins with an OPS or Rossi wristpin. The K90 and K67 can use some Rossi parts and the K82 is a bit of an odd-ball for the piston/ sleeve and wrist pin. They are a shallow taper piston engine so run at least 5% castor and total 20% oil or it will have chrome stick to the piston. With good wristpins and needles + the right oil % these engines are tough and can pull great rpm. If you can find the Steve Muck pipes they work great on them. K67 with Muck pipe at 10 1/2" - 10 10 3/4" in a rigger with a mod 1667 was ballistic.

Guest_Rodehog_*

how are you posting as a guess? It is not supposed to be possible?

Finally got back on the site. Not sure what happened but had to re-register again.

Last edited:
Rodehog your account was deleted because you did not register with your real name. I will give you a couple days to fix it before I delete you again.

I tried to put my real name in but it would not take it. So I used Rodehog.

No matter I will fix

Robert

Can I have a clew how to change my name. I looked on My settings, My profile My content and I cannot find HOW TO CHANGE MY NAME.......

Can I have a clew how to change my name. I looked on My settings, My profile My content and I cannot find HOW TO CHANGE MY NAME.......
pm me your full name and I'll take care of it for you.
default_smile.png

Back