Revolt on 4s

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casey

Thought I’d share what speeds I’ve got out of my Revolt. With a stock motor and esc the speeds weren’t that great. All testing has been done with the strut level and about ¼” up, med size OSE turn fins kicked up a bit and the Turnigy 5000mAh 4S 40C pushed back almost touching the motor. The bottom is scuffed and the battery tray has been replaced.

The water was like glass on all runs and from 38-56 the boat handled about the same, on rails with zero chine walking. On the faster passes it does want to roll a little before it takes a set and I had to set the Aquastar esc to a soft start, standard or fast were pretty uncontrollable. I think there is a few mph left in set up.

Stock motor and ESC:

Mark Sholund X642 = 38.9

S&B 42x55 = 41.5

Leopard 3674 2200kv and Aquastar 120 esc:

S&B 42x55 = 53.4

Mark Sholund X642 = 55.0

Mark Sholund M445= 56.1

I bought the motor, esc and prop to use on the Top Speed 3 i’m in the process of building, but just had to try it in the Revolt to see how it ran. I thought about putting it on my VS1, but figured it would be a little much since it’s already at 50 with a Aquacraft 2030kv.

i-dpTX5JP-XL.jpg

i-vqWr2X3-XL.jpg

I have tuned mine to just short of 50 on the stock bits (Motor, Controller, hardware) using a Grimracer L45X68.

Grimracer

With the stock motor and esc I couldn’t get near that with the props i had. Strut up and down, angled and flat, and all 3 of these props. The best I could get was 41.5. I will say that was with a heavier Garmin etrex gps, so there may have been a little left but not that much. I will have to pick up a L45X68 and try it again.

With the stock motor and esc I couldn’t get near that with the props i had. Strut up and down, angled and flat, and all 3 of these props. The best I could get was 41.5. I will say that was with a heavier Garmin etrex gps, so there may have been a little left but not that much. I will have to pick up a L45X68 and try it again.
As per I/W rules you now have to add your full name to your signature line so it appears each time you post. :)

Part of the "fun/draw/challenge" for me (Just me maybe) is to see how fast and stable I can get this thing to run within its own right. Changing fins, motor and what not is like adding 5S just to go faster. Just feels like it defeats the purpose. (that’s just me).

Regardless ENJOY.. thats the real gig!

Grim

One of our club members has achieved 45 mph with a fairly stock m445 and Hyperion packs. Folks forget that part of getting high speeds is the power available to the prop. All the power in an FE boat is in the cells, not in the motor. Better cells will give higher speeds.

One of our club members has achieved 45 mph with a fairly stock m445 and Hyperion packs. Folks forget that part of getting high speeds is the power available to the prop. All the power in an FE boat is in the cells, not in the motor. Better cells will give higher speeds.

Mine has run 52.0 mph with Eagle Tree all stock Revolt Grim 4S but using an Octura prop.

Great boat...just having fun not racing it.

MC

Casey, mot at all. It was great! I answered my own question. So I " deleted" it. I do have another. Has anyone ran the Revolt with the 2030kv AQ motor. I only ask because its what I have with my mixed match setup? If so what prop works best?

TL

I have..lol.. and its just more amp draw without the benifits...

IF.. you feel you want to try the 2030 start with the stock prop.

Grim

1800 KV seems to be a good match for that hull. It likes larger props so higer RPM is not needed to make her scoot.. Keep us posted.

Grim

Thought I’d share what speeds I’ve got out of my Revolt. With a stock motor and esc the speeds weren’t that great. All testing has been done with the strut level and about ¼” up, med size OSE turn fins kicked up a bit and the Turnigy 5000mAh 4S 40C pushed back almost touching the motor. The bottom is scuffed and the battery tray has been replaced.

The water was like glass on all runs and from 38-56 the boat handled about the same, on rails with zero chine walking. On the faster passes it does want to roll a little before it takes a set and I had to set the Aquastar esc to a soft start, standard or fast were pretty uncontrollable. I think there is a few mph left in set up.

Stock motor and ESC:

Mark Sholund X642 = 38.9

S&B 42x55 = 41.5

S&B 42x55 = 53.4

Mark Sholund X642 = 55.0

Mark Sholund M445= 56.1

I bought the motor, esc and prop to use on the Top Speed 3 i’m in the process of building, but just had to try it in the Revolt to see how it ran. I thought about putting it on my VS1, but figured it would be a little much since it’s already at 50 with a Aquacraft 2030kv.

i-dpTX5JP-XL.jpg

i-vqWr2X3-XL.jpg
That's an interesting prop...what's the thinking behind that cut?

Pete

Stock motor and ESC:

Mark Sholund X642 = 38.9

S&B 42x55 = 41.5

S&B 42x55 = 53.4

Mark Sholund X642 = 55.0

Mark Sholund M445= 56.1

i-dpTX5JP-XL.jpg

i-vqWr2X3-XL.jpg
That's an interesting prop...what's the thinking behind that cut?

Pete
I never question Mark.....lol....he knows his stuff and will never do anyone wrong

Back