lee craft/1515 1y tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck st romain

rebuilt this tunnel, i have had it for a while. it was on a neu 1515 1y and i damaged the insulation on one of the wires so it was just sitting. i had a castle 1515 1y for sale and no one bit on it so i decided to swap it out into this boat.

here is what i think after using both motors on the same set-up with x642 stock s/b

the neu is easier to lube and clean due to the open end bell. the castle has to be removed to clean and lube after running. the neu also runs cooler. i ran the neu with no water cooling as where i am getting around the same temps on a water cooled castle. thats it, preformance is about the same...

turnigy 5000 40c vs: thunderpower 5200mah 40c

this is where the money thing comes from. the turnigy's sell for about 1/3 of the cost of the thunderpower. preformance on teh eagle tree was the same, virtually no difference. there was no big drop in voltage like people claim pulling 160 amps. see the attached eagle tree graphs, then see the picture of what happened to the thunderpower while the turnigy remained nice and cool. this thunderpower had about 15-20 cycles on it and always preformed good before today.

needless to say i am sold on saving a little money on teh cheaper stuff. i will never spend $200 on a battery again and for $100 less i couldnt tell the diffeerence in teh cheaper motor. also note the orange paing on the sponson, that is the color or out course marker bouys.... fun stuff the boat ran great, smooth and stabil. it never flipped and turns great at speed.

Wow, you need a much bigger pond. Looks like you almost have to stop to make the turn.

Turn on Paging at about 200 data points per page and you will be able to see exactly what happening.

there is no doubt i need a bigger pond. the only boats i have that can run wide open around this one are the jae12 and 21 with ul-1 motors. most of my stuff is proped down to run in the low 50's. that is plenty fast to keep it exciting around here. it is what it is, this pond is 2 blocks from home and the big pond is 1/2 hour. the big pond is rough and requires a rescue boat so we hardly ever go there.

Latest posts

Back