Record Trial, Flint MI, May 2-3.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was there on Sat. Fantastic day!!!! Quite a few people showed up.

Steve Ball

SAM_4359 (2).JPG

Had a great weekend, think we missed Spring up here tho, went right to Summer with 80F both days. Lot's of flat water and many fast runs.

Just leaving Flint to clean up our retrieve boat and get it back to Mikey Ross', will post some pics and video later tonight or tomorrow morning.
default_smile.png

All in all a great weekend thanks to our F.A.S.T. crew Mike Nowicki, Mark Stein and Mikey Ross. I always say it but it's so true, without you guys these events just wouldn't happen.

Genesee County has recently partnered with the City of Flint to help maintain some of their properties, "Thread Lake Park" being one of them. We haven't seen the area as clean and well maintained in many, many years. Thank you Genesee County!

The weather was beautiful all weekend and a nice change from the long cold winter we had up north. The water was flat quite a bit and when the breeze did kick up it was from the sheltered west leaving the course very runnable. For the fuel guys the air went from about 97% (1000') in the mornings to 93% (2400') in the afternoon. Many good runs were made and three records were set.

Keith Kirchen had his big cats flying and upped the S catamaran SAW to 1.998 sec or 112.613 mph with a fast pass of 113.065. Keith still has the fastest pass ever made at Thread Lake at 119.490 mph. Shawn Swain got his first IMPBA World Record in P Catamaran at 2.866 sec or 78.507 mph with a fast pass of 79.674. Mike Ball blasted the P Sport Hydro oval with a 23.650 sec. run, great job guys!

Dave Preusse came over from Chicago with son Davie and ran an 18.416 sec 1/3rd oval just a second off Stu Barr's record of 17.122. Scott Tonak ran several 22 sec ovals with his Backlash. FAST member Mike Nowicki unveiled a new CF 20 boat that's sure to be flying soon and also ran several 95+ passes with his "C" (.29) boat in the heat. Art Jayne and Mike Caruso came over from Chicagoland and earned their 75 mph patches with laughs and big smiles all around. Former Nashville club member Mike Stevens came out and ran a boat for the first time in five years with his twin CMB 90 powered Roadrunner. I pitted for him and just had to pull the trigger once before I handed him the transmitter, love that sound.
default_smile.png

DSCN4257.JPG

DSCN4215.JPG

DSCN4225.JPG

DSCN4231.JPG

DSCN4234.JPG

DSCN4236.JPG

DSCN4238.JPG

DSCN4240.JPG

DSCN4241.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the records guys and thanks for the write up and pics Terry. So how did the hydro run Terry?
As you know all too well in this game you have to take two or three steps back to take one step forward.

I have to take one more step back and then I'm going forward!
default_cool.png

Terry,

Nice pictures! Look forward to some video :) So how fast did you go?

Cool. Does he get on IW? I had wondered where Marks Andersons old hybred boat ended up. Looks like he has the wrong turn fin on it though.

Terry,

Nice pictures! Look forward to some video :) So how fast did you go?
Didn't get any times, working on getting the boat to turn again, that "two steps back one step forward" thing...
default_sad.png

It's near impossible to do any work while running the event, hope to make it down to E. City or Huntsville this Fall.

Back