Question to IMPBA Members

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian Schymik said:
Allan,The partial  mill course is the thing most IMPBA guys don't like about your rules.

I have raced with you in APBA in the past and now in IMPBA. I have to agree that the partial mill is 1) difficult to learn if you have always run full mill and 2) just dangerous... boats flying in from inside the course.

The rest of your rules are similar enough to ours not to make much difference.

Brian

PS  When are you going to hold your district meeting??

Hi Brian. Yes I agree. I have raced half mill most of my racing life and still think that someone comeing into the back straight at full speed is scary. They are suppose to yeild to the person in the back straight but that can be hard at times if the pack is bunched up. The reason for it is. When launching a boat some pit men would not look and toss the boat right in front of someone coming in the front straight and cause a crash. And some of our race sites the course is set to where it is hard to toss a boat and not be in someones way. But I feel if the pit boss is doing his job and the pit men are watching then there should be no problem. I raced a IMPBA race with full mill and really liked it. I could get the pace I need for the start better. Right now our District Director is looking for a place to hold the meeting. And as soon as I know I will post it here. But just to remind me why not email me at [email protected] and that will help me to remember to contact you.

Thanks for your reply. I am getting a better understanding of what the rest of the R/C boating world is seeing. Allan

Allan Hoyle said:
Chris Wood said:
me and a buddy hear in des moines, ia would probably go to a race or two.
we have talked about running in the ampba over in the kc area but there rules are messed up..

keep us posted.

chris

113751[/snapback]

Chris I hear that again and again about our APBA rules. What exactly is messed up about them? If they keep you guys from coming in and racing we should get rid of them.

Allan

113773[/snapback]

113901[/snapback]

BUCKSHOT said:
Scooter12195 said:
2 big races coming up in that area very soon. Baltimore Club having one near Hagerstown, MD Sept 24-25 and the Capitol Club out of Washington having one in Columbia ,MD on Oct 8-9. They would be the Local Club you'd want to check with.
I'm located in Charlotte, NC but do travel up that way to race.

Scott

113893[/snapback]

Thanks for the info Scott.

Now I'll un-hijack this thread (Sorry Allan)

-Buck-

113896[/snapback]

No problem Buck. I like to hear about other races. My wife and I race and we are talking about traveling and going to some of the races I am hearing about.

Allan

Although many of the St. Louis club dont get on this site, there is quite a bit of interest in what happens at that meeting in November among us. We will race there some for sure. LIke Brian said, when is you november meeting?, is there a date yet? Ken

Ken Hildreth said:
Although many of the St. Louis club dont get on this site, there is quite a bit of interest in what happens at that meeting in November among us.  We will race there some for sure.  LIke Brian said, when is you november meeting?, is there a date yet?  Ken
113992[/snapback]

Hi Ken. How are you doing. Have not talked to you in awhile. Do not know the date yet for the meeting. I am going to get hold of our District Director and find out if he has decided anything. I will let you know as soon as I can. Did not know you guys did not get on this site or I would have emailed you. Thanks for your support.

Allan

Wanted to thank everyone for there input on this subject. It has given me a better feel for how many people might come to our races if we join up. I say if because there are some of the old hands that are very much against this move. But I will go out on a limb and say that I feel it is the right move for our District if we want to continue racing. Again thanks to all for you comments.

Allan

Latest posts

Back