Question to IMPBA Members

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allan Hoyle

I would like to ask the members that belong to the IMPBA this question. There is an article in the September Roostertail about a new District 6 being formed in IMPBA. I race in Wichita Kansas and belong to the APBA District 17 and I am for us joining IMPBA. But there are some that say we will not gain many boaters coming to our races. I would like to know by your replies how many of IMPBA members would come to our races. Our races are held in Wichita, Ks. Carthage Mo. Kansas City Mo. Chanute, Ks and Oklahoma City, Ok. If you would like to email me my address is [email protected]. District 17 is having a meeting soon to decide this and I would like to bring all your replies to that meeting. Thanks for your time.

Allan Hoyle

Allen,

The dist 6 gang is small but might be willing to travel in there dist. As for the other districts near buy.. I would think that if you build it they will come. It would however take some time as one can get use to there normal summer racing schedule and you would need to toss out a good reason to get them to come.

Now...

Its worth a shot.. I would give it a good 2 or 3 year go for starters.

Mike Z

Grimracer said:
Allen,
The dist 6 gang is small but might be willing to travel in there dist. As for the other districts near buy.. I would think that if you build it they will come. It would however take some time as one can get use to there normal summer racing schedule and you would need to toss out a good reason to get them to come.

Now...

Mike Z

113548[/snapback]

I understand what you are saying Mike. But I would like to know about how many boaters there are in District 6 now. I see a lot of people reading this post but hardly no replies. I would like to know how the members of the IMPBA feel about members of District 17 joining up.

Allan Hoyle said:
Grimracer said:
Allen,

Now...

Mike Z

113548[/snapback]

I understand what you are saying Mike. But I would like to know about how many boaters there are in District 6 now. I see a lot of people reading this post but hardly no replies. I would like to know how the members of the IMPBA feel about members of District 17 joining up.

You should be able to pick up a few entries from the Dallas/Ft Worth area, especially at OKC and Tulsa. We raced up there for years until 17 made it obvious they didn't want us. That used to be part of the same NAMBA district years ago.

113645[/snapback]

Bob Finn said:
Allan Hoyle said:
Grimracer said:
Allen,

Now...

Mike Z

113548[/snapback]

You should be able to pick up a few entries from the Dallas/Ft Worth area, especially at OKC and Tulsa. We raced up there for years until 17 made it obvious they didn't want us. That used to be part of the same NAMBA district years ago.

113645[/snapback]

113657[/snapback]

Hi Bob. Would like to know what you mean by they did not want us. That was before I started racing. I hope there are no hard feelings and the Texas guys do come race with us.

There are several guys in the St louis area that would race there in your area. a few up in Iowa may be interested. They have fast and competitive races in St Louis for your guys to attend. There are racers from Indiana and Illinois racing there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
me and a buddy hear in des moines, ia would probably go to a race or two.

we have talked about running in the ampba over in the kc area but there rules are messed up..

keep us posted.

chris

P THOMAS said:
There are several guys in the St louis area  that would race there in your area. a few up in Iowa may be interested.  They have fast  and competitive races in St Louis for your guys to attend.  There are racers from Indiana and Illinois racing there too.
113725[/snapback]

Thanks Phil that is what I needed to know. Where and how many racers we are talking about. Really looking forward to some competitive races if this goes through.

Allan

Chris Wood said:
we have talked about running in the ampba over in the kc area but there rules are messed up..

keep us posted.

chris

113751[/snapback]

Chris I hear that again and again about our APBA rules. What exactly is messed up about them? If they keep you guys from coming in and racing we should get rid of them.

Allan

Allan Hoyle said:
Chris Wood said:

keep us posted.

chris

113751[/snapback]

Chris I hear that again and again about our APBA rules. What exactly is messed up about them? If they keep you guys from coming in and racing we should get rid of them.

Allan

113773[/snapback]

Allan,

Not to far away in Quad Cities, Let's see what we can do?

mark voorhies said:
Allan Hoyle said:
Chris Wood said:

keep us posted.

chris

113751[/snapback]

Allan

113773[/snapback]

Allan,

Not to far away in Quad Cities, Let's see what we can do?

113783[/snapback]

That would ge great Mark. We can use all the racers we can get. Our membership is down. And we have some nice sites and when the wind don't blow some great water.

Allen - Dist 7(NAMBA) used to include Kansas and Okla. They split away and made Dist 17. Then they made a district rule that anyone outside 17 was not eligible for their awards. Thats all old ancient history from 20 years ago, and very few guys would even remember any of it. Competition levels were a lot higher in 7, and they just didn't want us to race up there. I certainly would consider coming to OKC, Carthage, etc. I would guess there are at least 5-6 people who will travel up there for a few of the races. Look forward to it.

Bob Finn said:
Allen -    Dist 7(NAMBA) used to include  Kansas and Okla.    They split away and made Dist 17.    Then they made a district rule that anyone outside 17  was not eligible for  their awards.    Thats all old ancient history  from 20 years ago,  and very few guys would even remember any of it.    Competition levels were a lot higher in 7,  and they just didn't want us to race up there.        I certainly would consider coming to  OKC,  Carthage,  etc.          I would guess there are  at least 5-6  people who will travel  up there  for a few of the races.    Look forward to it.
113810[/snapback]

Hi Bob. I have heard some of the history of how District 17 came about. I never did understand why the rule was made that excluded people from racing with us. I feel that rule has hurt us by forcing people to become APBA members before they can take home awards. I hope by becoming IMPBA we will get away from the past and have a better future. I think you and I have some mutual friends. I race with Lynn and Steve Cooper and believe they have mentioned your name to me.

Allan,

I can't speak for anyone else in Dist. 7 (IMPBA or NAMBA), but I would most certanly go to races in OK City.

Than again I'm single, with a good job that affords me the ability to race quit a bit. And I LOVE to race.

Although I travel alot with my work so I race where ever I'm currently living, but Texas is home base. (Look out East Coast, I'm coming to play in about a month ;) )

-Buck-

BUCKSHOT said:
Allan,I can't speak for anyone else in Dist. 7 (IMPBA or NAMBA), but I would most certanly go to races in OK City.

Than again I'm single, with a good job that affords me the ability to race quit a bit. And I LOVE to race.

Although I travel alot with my work so I race where ever I'm currently living, but Texas is home base. (Look out East Coast, I'm coming to play in about a month ;) )

-Buck-

113886[/snapback]

Where on the East Coast are you coming to Buck?

Scott

I'll be working in D.C.

I haven't decided where I'll get an apartment yet. Collage Park maybe.

Is there some good racing around there?

-Buck-

2 big races coming up in that area very soon. Baltimore Club having one near Hagerstown, MD Sept 24-25 and the Capitol Club out of Washington having one in Columbia ,MD on Oct 8-9. They would be the Local Club you'd want to check with.

I'm located in Charlotte, NC but do travel up that way to race.

Scott

Scooter12195 said:
2 big races coming up in that area very soon. Baltimore Club having one near Hagerstown, MD Sept 24-25 and the Capitol Club out of Washington having one in Columbia ,MD on Oct 8-9. They would be the Local Club you'd want to check with.
I'm located in Charlotte, NC but do travel up that way to race.

Scott

113893[/snapback]

Thanks for the info Scott.

Now I'll un-hijack this thread (Sorry Allan)

-Buck-

Allan,

The partial mill course is the thing most IMPBA guys don't like about your rules.

I have raced with you in APBA in the past and now in IMPBA. I have to agree that the partial mill is 1) difficult to learn if you have always run full mill and 2) just dangerous... boats flying in from inside the course.

The rest of your rules are similar enough to ours not to make much difference.

Brian

PS When are you going to hold your district meeting??

Allan Hoyle said:
Chris Wood said:

keep us posted.

chris

113751[/snapback]

Allan

113773[/snapback]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back