QD25, 35's and Mod G260Pum questions.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppi350

I am building up my aeromarine hydro X hydro. Its big, really big. about 50" inches in length and 26 wide at the beam. I dont want slug for boat.

so, the last few weeks i have been doing some research on what engines to get. I have contact M&D racing, BH hanson, Quickdraw and some other manufacturers distributors. I even went ahead and called Butch the boat man.

Now, why is it that these other rc boaters & hobbyists i talk to, tend to steer me away from the Quickdraw engines?

Maybe its because i tell them i'm just a recreation rc boater. But i am really looking for a really fast motor, eventually race and so on an so forth.

Just want to get the inside scoop from others that might now what type of reliability, longevity and and overall prpduct quickdraw makes.

They are undoubtedly fast engines, i see so many guys on the web, in forums, etc talking about the high hp and mph numbers. no local guys that can give me info, so i thought maybe some could give me alot of info on the.

O

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get offended but it sounds like you are a newbie in boating .

Quickdraw engines are a piece of art and they need to be treated like that .

Newbies often don't know how to maintain such engines wich mostly leads to repairs and that means $$$$$$$$$ and in the end , they quit cause it "only costs money " .

U can compare it with giving a 16 year old boy/girl a Formula 1 car and telling them that they got a fast car .

Everybody who does boating , needs to learn and sometimes its better to start a bit cheaper .

Incase u're not a newbie & u got lots of experience with gas engines , then i don't see something in your way .

Just my 2 eurocents ,

Bart Drieghe

puppi350 said:
I am building up my aeromarine hydro X hydro. Its big, really big. about 50" inches in length and 26 wide at the beam. I dont want slug for boat.
so, the last few weeks i have been doing some research on what engines to get. I have contact M&D racing, BH hanson, Quickdraw and some other manufacturers distributors. I even went ahead and called Butch the boat man.

Now, why is it that these other rc boaters & hobbyists i talk to, tend to steer me away from the Quickdraw engines?

Maybe its because i tell them i'm just a recreation rc boater.  But i am really looking for a really fast motor, eventually race and so on an so forth.

Just want to get the inside scoop from others that might now what type of reliability, longevity and and overall prpduct quickdraw makes.

They are undoubtedly fast engines, i see so many guys on the web, in forums, etc talking about the high hp and mph numbers. no local guys that can give me info, so i thought maybe some could give me alot of info on the.

O

106527[/snapback]

You have not mentioned your previous experience. If you are new to boating then you must also keep in mind your driving ability. Qd's are wickedly powerfull and a boat that size could do some serious harm.High performance engines like that require a certain amount of skill to keep em running to their intended performance level. If your not really experienced get a good modded zenoah. Much more user friendly and your boat will by no means be a slug.

happy boating.

Quickdraws are not a good beginner motor and do require some gas motor knowledge to run them and maintain them.In the last couple years the guys have been modding the 260s to get the same power and HP and are alot more user friendly/reliable.The cost is also a big issue with most.A QD can run atleast 800 bucks as a modded Zens in the 450 to 600 range with the same power.As for the real QD powerhouses your talking 1400 to 1500 for motors that need alot of finesse to keep them running but I guarantee youll be the fastest on the pond.I really dont think any one has honest numbers and everyone will tell you whos got the best in their eyes.Your better to stick with a 260 and learn the ropes first.Im sure most will tell you this to save you the frustration and cost of expensive mistakes.If you dunk a 260 its alot more forgiving than a QD and usually alot cheaper.Ill be glad to give you more info or steer you right just shoot me and [email protected]

Back