Props 4 U

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the delay in responding.

Unfortunately a radio problem mean't I had a bad 3rd and 4th round which kept me out of the running with the 21. I got 2nd in 67 rigger.

At the completion of racing on the final day I took the 21 boat out to see what it could really do with the H4 3.75" cup. This is the fastest 21 hydro I have ever seen let alone driven. I leaned the needle down a lot more than usual, to the point where the pipe staged again and the speed and rpm was amazing. (wish I'd gone that lean during racing to get an even faster time!)

Then while going into bouy 5 I lost radio and the boat went straight ahead at full noise. It went 20 feet into the bull rushes and stopped about 10 feet from the bank.

When I got down there in the retrieve boat I couldn't see it. It had mowed down the rushes and was covered up! Luckily -no major damage.

I can't wait for the next timed event to see what times it will really do.

Bill,

Plug life was better after a change to the fuel. the last 4 tanks thru it were on the same MC-9 plug. I'm now going back to coneloc's to try. It radared 100kph (60mph) with a 1 bladed H10 prop and hopping like crazy ;) The guy with the radar didn't show when I'd fixed it up so I didn't get a speed with it really moving.

Tom,

Handling at speed was awesome, but has a slight front sponson flutter in a tight turn at the speeds it was doing. Not bad enough to worry it - just an observation i noticed that you might be interested in.....

Mark S,

Do you need pics of the failed H10? I might need a bigger prop for better air. H7 maybe?

Tim.

Hey Tim,

Happy New Year.... 60MPH on one leg is not bad at all. I think you will like a H7 on your boat. I will send you some bits to make you Faster if you are ready for that!!!! :p :p :p :p :D :D :D

Tunnelbill said:
Hey Tim,
  Happy New Year....  60MPH on one leg is not bad at all.  I think you will like a H7 on your boat.  I will send you some bits to make you Faster if you are ready for that!!!! :p   :p   :p   :p   :D   :D   :D

79332[/snapback]

Hey Bill,

Happy New year to you too!

I still owe you for THAT crankshaft. We need to sort that out before I get anything else from you B) B) B) You are responsible for a lot of the speed this thing is doing and I am very appreciative! :D :)

Tim.

oh man.... sorry about the radio problems.... i was really rooting for ya.

for the flutter..... well Tim. I think you have yours going faster than any FF21 has ever been. 3 ideas come to me to make it better. 1st would be to set the sponsons farther apart. I have been thinking about setting mine wider. 2nd would be to add a shim to the rear boom. I know you said you run 3 shims where I run 4. you might loose a little speed with another shim. 3rd would be to lower the strut. only testing will tell.

Back