Props 4 U

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIGGERMORTISE

I tested the Props 4 U props with the CMB21LS and the SPP TD21H pipe. My 21 rigger is not up to these props its a bit too heavy. And unstable but its a good slogger for a test boat. ( i keep straightening the booms every run) :unsure:

The H4 went ok and I set the pipe longer and it screams. we did not get a good radar on it as the chop was too rough for good prop drive. It still ran near 60mph when it hits the calm water and 50mph in the rough water. The H10 was harder but when it got up it went hard but again no drive. The 1716 I finaly got it too run but it has a lot of lift and did not have time to play with the strut too mutch as the thrust bearing killed the cage and all the balls fell out. :angry: That put an end to my day. :angry: :angry: I will have to try a flex with a collet and no square drive. so the next test should be in the new FF21 rigger hopefully with the Nova, if not the CMB will do again

All up the new p & L in the CMB got a serious work out but showed good rpm and power with the pipe. stock engine out of the box on 50%. I cant wait to get my Nova going in the new FF21 I have a feeling it will be running in the 70's. :ph34r: :ph34r: !!! And the props are excelent and the difference is amazing. :D These are highly rcomended props, dlivered very quickly and finished to perfection.

Thanks again

Dave

RIGGERMORTISE said:
I tested the Props 4 U props with the CMB21LS and the SPP TD21H pipe. My 21 rigger is not up to these props its a bit too heavy. And unstable but its a good slogger for a test boat. ( i keep straightening the booms every run) :unsure: The H4 went ok and I set the pipe longer and it screams. we did not get a good radar on it as the chop was too rough for good prop drive. It still ran near 60mph when it hits the calm water and 50mph in the rough water. The H10 was harder but when it got up it went hard but again no drive. The 1716 I finaly got it too run but it has a lot of lift and did not have time to play with the strut too mutch as the thrust bearing killed the cage and all the balls fell out. :angry:   That put an end to my day. :angry:   :angry:   I will have to try a flex with a collet and no square drive. so the next test should be in the new FF21 rigger hopefully with the Nova, if not the CMB will do again

All up the new p & L in the CMB got a serious work out but showed good rpm and power with the pipe. stock engine out of the box on 50%. I cant wait to get my Nova going in the new FF21 I have a feeling it will be running in the 70's. :ph34r:   :ph34r: !!! And the props are excelent and the difference is amazing. :D   These are highly rcomended props, dlivered very quickly and finished to perfection.

Thanks again

Dave

78682[/snapback]

Dave,

Thanks for the update.

Grim

Dave,

Wait until you get the next batch. :) I just hope the FF 21 is ready soon, and then

we can get a good idea how fast your pipes really are. :D :D :D Dave send back

the 1716 and I will fix your lifting problem. Just wait until I order the next batch

of pipes to sell. As everyone will find out soon Bill Bigelow and myself will be

selling S.P.P. in the USA very soon.

I have a few new modifications to test out in 2005.

I can't wait until a few of these are tested . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy New Year Everyone,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a good look at tim's Ff21 when it was in adelaide. It was atleast 500 gramms lighter than my rigger. That will make a big difference when you want the extra speed.

Hopefully the Firefighter will be ready in 2 weeks.

Dave

shoboat said:
Dave,
Wait until you get the next batch. :)   I just hope the FF 21 is ready soon, and then

we can get a good idea how fast your pipes really are.  :D   :D   :D Dave send back

the 1716 and I will fix your lifting problem. Just wait until I order the next batch

of pipes to sell. As everyone will find out soon Bill Bigelow and myself will be

selling S.P.P. in the USA very soon.

I have a few new modifications to test out in 2005.

I can't wait until a few of these are tested . :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Happy New Year Everyone,

Mark Sholund

Mark,

I have to ask, what is an SPP TD21H pipe?

Thanks

78724[/snapback]

the pipe is a 21 size carbon fibre tuned pipe that works very well on the Nova rossi engines and is now proving to be very good on the CMB21 LS.

The next test will hopefully b with the Firefighter 21 and 21 Nova long stroke engine.

the props are three that Mark from Props 4 U did for me. Th props make a big diffrnc to what i was using on my 21 riggers. The more testing we do th mor info we can share around.

info is available at www.salisburypipes.com

Regards

Dave

Update.

2nd day AMPBA nationals.

My FF21 had 2 wins from 2 starts today after a bad day yesterday. (threw a blade off the H10 prop and also lost the new cowl :( )

My first heat this morning I ran a time only 6 seconds off the fastest lap of the meet - held by a twin CMB90 powered rigger. The second heat was going even better until my radio quit as I crossed the finish line and it shut down. That was toooooooo close to a DNF!!!

The TD21H pipe and the H4 from Props 4 U are working really well with each other.

2 rounds to go......

TimD said:
Update.
2nd day AMPBA nationals.

My FF21 had 2 wins from 2 starts today after a bad day yesterday. (threw a blade off the H10 prop and also lost the new cowl :(   )

My first heat this morning I ran a time only 6 seconds off the fastest lap of the meet - held by a twin CMB90 powered rigger. The second heat was going even better until my radio quit as I crossed the finish line and it shut down. That was toooooooo close to a DNF!!!

The TD21H pipe and the H4 from Props 4 U are working really well with each other.

2 rounds to go......

78993[/snapback]

i'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya! :)

take a couple pictures if ya can.

Last edited:
Hy Tim

Looks like the Nats will b on again in 3 months. So it will be firefighter/ Nova rossi and SPP Td21 against each other!!!!!!! :D But my boat will hav pink bits :p

You and me Mate, Dont forget I drive a multi hull there is enough room between lane on and the bouys for me to get through :D :D

Catch u when you get back from the nats.

Pic update FF21 will be in the gallery whn i work out how to ! Tom???? help :blink:

Tim,

The H-4 is really one of the most underrated propellers on the market. :)

The H-10 being that it is hardened at the factory, will throw a blade once

in awhile. I hope you can improve your lap time tomorrow,believe it or not,

the 21 Hydros are some of the fastest two lap oval boats in the World.

Dave,

It looks like the S.P.P. Carbon pipes are running well at the Aussie Champion-

ships? We hope to get them tested and on the market here very soon.

Good Luck and Happy New Years,

Mark Sholund

Hey Tim,

Excellent, Now focus power Grasshopper, Prep and charged full batts,

H4 and show em some those driving skills I know ya got ;)

Tear em a new one Mate!!!!

Gener :D

Last edited by a moderator:
two questions.

one, what is the db on the carbon pipe without a muffler..

two,

mark, you said that the h-4 is a underated prop. can you explain, more detail..

thanks

chris

Chris Wood said:
two questions.
one, what is the db on the carbon pipe without a muffler..

two,

mark, you said that the h-4 is a underated prop. can you explain, more detail..

thanks

chris

79058[/snapback]

Chris

The carbon pipe is only available with the mufler. we have run it with out and it is no different from the normal 21 non muffled pipes. But when they are muffled they still produce the same power and are very quiet. At our local race site we have the DB meter out occasionally. wether it is a 21 or big gas engine the carbon pipes are always quieter.

As for the prop, I cant answer that except that i am very happy with the quality and performance of mine. It was able to push a very heavy 21 rigger. Mark im sure will explain the prop.

Regards

Dave

Tim,

Go Get them!!!!!! Have you got your boat over 50 yet? :p What about the det. problem? Happy New Year to Everyone...

Chris,

I stated that the H-4 IS UNDERRATED. I was just making a statement that not

too many people try the propeller on their 21 Hydros. If you look on CMDI's

web site you will even see that Andy has now made it his 1st choice for a 21

Hydro. They are a great size right out of the bag, and with a little bit of cup

added to the trailing edge they run real well. :)

Chris, I have customers running consistant 70's in a heat racing set up, with as

little as 3.46" to 3.75" of cupping. And if the H-4 isn't enough for you, try the

bigger brother the H-7, it is all you will need. :D

Happy New Year,

Mark Sholund

hey mark,

i wasn't trying to affend you, i was just curious why you liked it so well..

for me the prop is to small, even with all the cup in the world. i don't like the h-7 either, i used to don't get me wrong, that is all i used to run, but in the recent years i have since found ( for me ) that dia of the blade works better than cupping.

more consistant.

chris

TimD said:
Update.
2nd day AMPBA nationals.

My FF21 had 2 wins from 2 starts today after a bad day yesterday. (threw a blade off the H10 prop and also lost the new cowl :(   )

2 rounds to go......

78993[/snapback]

Tim,

So how did you finish up??? :huh:

Ian.

Chris,

I don't get offended. I think that you are missing the set up perhaps with just

a 1450. It (the H-4 and H-7) are without a doubt the two best 21 Hydro props

on the market right now. I think if you lower your strut into the water more you

will pick up more propeller efficiency,but you will have to reduce the diameter a

little bit more. We have had GREAT SUCCESS with the smaller diameter and a

little more cup. We also found out that the lap times improved with the smaller

blades run deeper. With the bigger blades it is harder on the engine also. It is

almost impossible to rev up to 30,000+ RPM with a full 50 mm propeller.

But in the long run it is all personal preference on your set up. I have seen your

Warlok 21 run, and it is definately running VERY WELL.BTW Once you try a carbon

pipe that I will be handling soon,you will be even faster. Lookout competition! :D

Happy New Year,

Mark Sholund

shoboat said:
Chris,
I don't get offended. I think that you are missing the set up perhaps with just

a 1450. It (the H-4 and H-7) are without a doubt the two best 21 Hydro props

on the market right now. I think if you lower your strut into the water more you

will pick up more propeller efficiency,but you will have to reduce the diameter a

little bit more. We have had GREAT SUCCESS with the smaller diameter and a

little more cup. We also found out that the lap times improved with the smaller

blades run deeper. With the bigger blades it is harder on the engine also. It is

almost impossible to rev up to 30,000+ RPM with a full 50 mm propeller.

But in the long run it is all personal preference on your set up. I have seen your

Warlok 21 run, and it is definately running VERY WELL.BTW Once you try a carbon

pipe that I will be handling soon,you will be even faster. Lookout competition! :D

Happy New Year,

Mark Sholund

79213[/snapback]

Mark,

I looked on web site about pipe,and all info looks interesting with the best

thing being wieght. One thing that concerns me is the lenght, hanging off the side

of a 21 rigger. How long would that be?

Hey mark,

Thanks for the compliment, the only thing about the 1450 is that it is not a true 50 mm, by the time you clean off the crap off of the mold from octura it is accually about 47mm or smaller, depending on the casting..

as for lowering the strut, been there, tried it.. tryed h-7 cut down, back cut, barr cutt, detonged you name it...

the lap times this year, are the fastest i have ever had, also top speed this year is the fastest i have ever had..

I guess the main thing i find in all of this is the wider blades make the boat smoother in traffic and in race condition.

that is what i am after..

I am with you mark, the pipe is looonnnnggg, not sure about that one.. I do know throught testing that when i had a bigger longer muffler on my pipe i run now, it made the boat do some funky stuff in the straight shoot. so we will see i guess..

Mark, you could always send me one to test if you like :D

Back