props 4 newbies

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KookieMan

I'm runnin' a Dynamite .12SP in a Laser Line ABC Hobby SPBP outboard unit. I've read a lot of postings that mention how much more performance you can get out of a beryllium / s.steel prop and I'm looking to get more speed. I have a couple of newbie Q's:

1. Will a metal prop make much diff. in a beginner boat?

2. The kit tells me i have a 44 X 1.0 nylon prop...the Prather props I'm looking at from tower hobbies have #'s that are way different, what's the deal, I'm confused? What size do I need? I'm not advanced enough to do my own tweaking of props, I just want to buy one.

3. Will a tuned pipe be worth the investment for a .12 size and this boat type? If so, does anyone recommend any pipes/kits?

Thanks everyone.

:'( Toy boats should be run as they come, don't fool with it, learn to drive / maintain / repair as so forth and when you feel comfortable buy a quality race worthy hull and engine. For the prop you should run a octura bronze prop but not a tuned pipe or any other hop up parts you will just cause things to break and spend a bunch to get no better of a boat ! ! ! ;D Good luck

where do you get an Octura bronze prop? ??? The shop here in town (ironically) sells boats but no accessories...nice huh! Tower Hobbies doesn't have 'em either. Is there an Octura prop # I can use to find one on the net?

Also, ( :p I feel like a dumb@$$ for asking this) I noticed that they use 3/16" and 1/8" measurments for props...is this the shaft size?

;D Sorry...nother qick question:

What pitch do you think I should use for best performance with what I have?

what diameter is the prop shaft? And more importantly - What would be the max. diameter of the prop before it would hit anything?

The actual shaft is 11/64" or a few scratches short of 3/16"...is this normal? The plans didn't give me an actual size so I had to use a drill bit guage. The max. prop dia can go just shy of 2". The current prop is 1 3/4"..don't know the pitch.

Back