prop size for ff.12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken t.

I'm wondering what prop i should start with on my ff.12. I am running the new os tz18 so i should be able to turn something a bit more agressive than the normal .12 props. <_<

Go with what the instructions say. Start out with a Prather 215 then when the motor is broken in and set up is close go to the V937/3

I've tried a bunch of props. the x438 and 437 both work well. The props in the instructions also work real well....

Ken, try a 1440, you just might like it :)

If this is your first outrigger, the S15 mentioned is good advice to start out with.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that engine is as wicked as it's advertised, you might be able to turn a V-940.

Has anyone out there tried a 1640? That's gotta be a good prop

Or a 1445 cut down to ~42mm may work with the .18? If you could get that to work, it would be awesome :)

ClayGlover said:
Has anyone out there tried a 1640?  That's gotta be a good prop
Or a 1445 cut down to ~42mm may work with the .18?  If you could get that to work, it would be awesome :)

99492[/snapback]

Clay,

I use a 1640 with cup and the OS TR really likes it.

Ditto with Ron & Tom on the V-940 with the TZ18. Might also want a bunch of cup!

Don ;)

Get back to us on the v940 :)

Personally, I'm wondering if it will turn a v940, but you never know 'til you try :rolleyes: . May be Tom's already done it?

Then again, it's got 50% more displacement than the .12s :D

Back