Prop Recomendation

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PropNut

Guys,

Puttin the finishing touches on a new H&M Hydro. Gonna run LSH i.e. SS1, 12 cells. What prop would you use? X445?

Have a good one.

Thanks in advance,

Ray :)

Ray, I actually swing the Y547 on my Maus shovel. BUT, it runs VERY free. As long as the motor can unwind it will pull a big prop. If your boat runs stuck, better stay conservative.

I started with an ABC 45x55. Lot's of blade area and low pitch. I kept propping and could probably pull even more then the Y547 but I'm starting to get chicken!

Good luck,

Dick

Eddie,

When I have run the 6 series props they didn't seem to provide enough lift. For instance, in prep for the H&M boat, I took my ancient MRP hydro an stuck an SS1 and 12 cells in it. ( can't get the cells forward enough for correct CG though). Ran both the 642 and the 442 on it, same setup, 442 ran great, 642 wouldn't get the boat on plane. Probably my problem.

Dick,

The Y series has more lift than the X, correct?

Thanks to both for the input!

Ray

Ray you may have a point as I am thinking that the taifun has that funky pad that covers the shaft, so there was probably extra lift gained from that, but I have to say I also run a single step hydro,600 8 cells, tried a 432 ran ok, the 632 really made it wake up, and got plenty of lift, center of gravity is a big factor too,,, glad to try to help if I can, cheers eddie

I run a X442 on my H&H Turbine, Cordite 775, 12 cells .. Seems to be the best setup that I have found. I tried a X445 and did not notice much change other than run time went down a bit. The SS1 is a bit stronger so maybe X445 will do better, I'd start with the X442 or X642.

Latest posts

Back