Pond in Grand Rapids

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottVanSlooten

Looking for guys that are interested in running at a pond in G.R. please contact me and let me know what boats you plan on running .

We are trying to put together a backfast meeting for Nov. 20 New Beginnings on 28th street right around the corner from where the pond is.

Contact me at [email protected] or svandsl@iserv,net

This is great news for us guys in GR!!!! :lol: you can count me in on the meeting!!

I'll try to make it up there, just try not to make it too early as I'm working the 3-11 shift now. Let me know if you want me to bring anything along. They're probably going to need a rulebook at least to look at. I'd like to get up there early enough to take a quick cruise by the site before the meeting.

The idea is to meet for breakfast and gage interest. Then we plan to go look at the site and come up with a plan to approach both the lessor and the land owner and if that goes well, to approach the city of Grandville.

One thing I would like to see is a common boat/engine classification in the local area. That would facilitate club or local racing which will help to grow interest locally. That's why we wanted to know what kind of boats people already have or what boats/engines they are interested in.

From the info I have, the land owner and the lessor should be agreeable to a deal, the city is of course another issue. There is no sense in approaching the city without a concrete plan in place.

A local pond would grow interest in our sport and provide the facility to grow the skills of the local r/c boat guys/gals, not to mention, just having some fun. This sure seems like a golden opportunity.

Our other opportunity at the pond next to Pimple Lake seems to be dead. So as far as I know this is the only option for 2005. If there are other places or ideas, let's here them. As this is the time to get the ball rolling.

Happy Winter Building

My 2 cents ahead of time for the 4-wheeled crowd would be a .12 or .21 mono class. It would be an easier transformation for most of them.

I can toss a few boats in the truck for "Show & Tell".

The place here to ask is the Parks and Recreation Dept., they were a lot of help to me. You have to go to the DNR to get Regatta permits if buoys are set up.

Man, I'd join that club, but think the commute would kill the Jeep.. :p

Count me in a few times a year though. Anything tunnel!!!

Mark.

If they held a race up there, all you have to do is mention that there are 2 Go-carts tracks not too far away and the racers would show up a day early! :)

Boats that I am interested in are.... well all kinds!! :p I have a .12 rigger, a 3.5 tunnel, & an 11cc hydro (not 1/8 scale though) My wife has a 3.5 Wild Thing

Mostly, because of budget, I would have to say that I prefer the smaller boats. I know of 2 ponds up my way that are possibilities, but I have never approached the land owners. I know where one of them lives, but the other one; I would have to check with the township to get a phone #

wswatzell said:
Boats that I am interested in are....  well all kinds!! :p   I have a .12 rigger, a 3.5 tunnel, & an 11cc hydro (not 1/8 scale though)  My wife has a 3.5 Wild  Thing
Mostly, because of budget, I would have to say that I prefer the smaller boats.  I know of 2 ponds up my way that are possibilities, but I have never approached the land owners.  I know where one of them lives, but the other one; I would have to check with the township to get a phone #

72859[/snapback]

Wade,

If you are attending next Saturday, Please bring info on the sites you know about. We can get an arial view online if you have an address.

Scott, you picked the wrong weekend for me to make it to the meeting. I've got my reserve drill this weekend. Is the pond you are looking at, back in by the old Dryland Marina?? Please keep me informed about whats up. would love to see something get up and running again. John and CJ (son)

Nitronewbie & outboardman10

nitronewbie said:
Scott, you picked the wrong weekend for me to make it to the meeting. I've got my reserve drill this weekend. Is the pond you are looking at, back in by the old Dryland Marina?? Please keep me informed about whats up. would love to see something get up and running again.                John and CJ (son)                                                              Nitronewbie & outboardman10

72928[/snapback]

Sorry John We will stay intouch about this. Scott

Kurt let me know how many guys told you they would be there and around Wed. I will call New Beginings and res. table Scott

Wade,
If you are attending next Saturday, Please bring info on the sites you know about.  We can get an arial view online if you have an address.
I don't know the addresses, but i can bring arial views with me on saturday.

ScottVanSlooten said:
Kurt let me know how many guys told you they would be there and around Wed. I will call New Beginings and res. table  Scott
72936[/snapback]

Scott,

The only conversations I have had are on this thread.

Has anyone seen or heard from Steve Colby lately? I haven't seen him in here for a while. He might be interested in this.

Scott, how about some of the other guys in your area, like the ones we met up with that day we put the Picco in my boat.

Ron, I left a message for Steve about it, I assume he is gone this weekend dear hunting.

I am still here. With my new job and hunting I will not be able to make it. I am interested though.

Back