Pipe Length?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Lovsund

Supporting Member
Guys , where should I start with pipe length for a CMB 45 purple head , OPS 67 pipe and 1655 prop on a RR Extreme. I was running the new Cooper pipe at 9.25" but will be testing with the the OPS tomorrow for comparison.

Thanks

About 9.5" to start with and may have to go in or out .25 to .5". May also have to reduce the prop size as well to get the engine to unload enough to find the sweet spot for the pipe.

Have you reduced the stinger size on the OPS 67 pipe? You need to.

Thanks guys , I have not reduced the stinger yet. What ID is working? I have the next three smaller ID sizes of tubing cut. I was thinking of starting two sizes smaller. Is that about right?

Martin

Hi all,

When you are reducing stinger size are you JB welding a tube in or how are you attaching it? Approximately how long are you make the 3/8 id reducer?

Thanks Paul

Are you also running an aftermarket muffler? If so what type/make?

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul, the reducer is the lenght of the stinger. on a rigger green loctite works for me, let it dry good. Stinger muffler is tricky, sometimes it causes enough back pressure so you dont need reducer. Testing only way to find out. Ray B) B)

Paul, the reducer is the lenght of the stinger. on a rigger green loctite works for me, let it dry good. Stinger muffler is tricky, sometimes it causes enough back pressure so you dont need reducer. Testing only way to find out. Ray B) B)
When I ran that combo of the CMB45 with the OPS67 pipe I used a RumRacing (Lenny Blake) stinger muffler with no reduction in stinger i.d. and it worked great. Another thing to try is an internal stinger set up, Terry might be able to chime in on that set up on this pipe. B)

Martin.

i would start your pipe length at 9-1\2 and work your way down,

as i run the ops 45 nitro pipe on cmb45hr with 1657 prop at around 8-3\4 to 9in..

and the speed speaks for itself ;)

regards Aaron

Aaron,

I am with you on the OPS 45 Nitro pipe at 8 1/2", it turns up real well

on a Picco Bluehead with a 1457 @ 4.50" of cup. If anyone wants to sell

their 45 OPS Nitro pipes, I will be happy to buy them from you.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Latest posts

Back