Paint Primer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Jacuzzi

Just wondering what primer products guys are using on your builds. I generally either paint with PPG or Endura urethane products, and need a sandable "flaw finder", sealer. Thanks tony J

PPG DZ3 grey primer/surfacer to chase and fill imperfections (sands off super easy) followed by PPG DP48LF white epoxy primer.
default_smile.png

I went with House of Kolor because of the tech sheets. Very detailed and can be found at TCP Global. I'm guessing that PPG is the same. I couldn't find info on PPG. HOK High fill 4-1 no reducer. Medium fill 4-1-1 , primer - harder - reducer. Sealer 4-1-2. The 4-1-2 mix would also be good as a guide coat.

I went with House of Kolor because of the tech sheets. Very detailed and can be found at TCP Global. I'm guessing that PPG is the same. I couldn't find info on PPG. HOK High fill 4-1 no reducer. Medium fill 4-1-1 , primer - harder - reducer. Sealer 4-1-2. The 4-1-2 mix would also be good as a guide coat.
I've shot HOK colors over PPG white epoxy primer without issue, they seem to work well together.
default_cool.png

I prime and paint with Endura. Some times when I go to Endura they have a bad colour match from an order and you get it cheap ( sometimes $15 a quart or litter in my case ) and if you don't have a fleet colour it just may be the right one for that boat.

Brad

B

I prime and paint with Endura. Some times when I go to Endura they have a bad colour match from an order and you get it cheap ( sometimes $15 a quart or litter in my case ) and if you don't have a fleet colour it just may be the right one for that boat.

Brad
Brad you use the Topcoat as a primer ?

PPG DZ3 grey primer/surfacer to chase and fill imperfections (sands off super easy) followed by PPG DP48LF white epoxy primer.
default_smile.png
Hi Don- what is the difference between the PPG Deltron DP48LF and the DP48LV?... also, which PPG Deltron clear do you recommend for overcoating graphics and fuel proofing?...

Thanks-

tim

Yes Tony. I use West system and sand out to #180 and then shoot with colour coat. If I am going to paint a different colour it give a great base and again I just sand with #180. Endura will flow out very well even on #100 grit.

Brad

default_smile.png
Hi Don- what is the difference between the PPG Deltron DP48LF and the DP48LV?... also, which PPG Deltron clear do you recommend for overcoating graphics and fuel proofing?...

Thanks-

tim
Hey Tim, not 100% sure to be completely honest but LF is all I use.

Back