Paint Codes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shnick

Hi Folks, any body know how to convert colors from Dupont codes to PPG codes???

Courtesy of Dumas's Instruction Manual:

Paint Formulas for Circus Circus Pink #1-2-3

These fomulas are for Dupont Imron polyurethane enamel.

They need to be reduced to one quart quantities.

CIRCUS CIRCUS PINK #1 - Magenta (Dark)

535 U ------------ 8 Grams

553 U--------------104 Grams

557 U -------------1204 Grams

555U --------------2788 Grams

571 U--------------3150 Grams

CIRCUS CIRCUS PINK #2 - Violet (Medium)

553 U-------------48 Grams

557U--------------648 Grams

555U--------------2856 Grams

CIRCUS CIRCUS PINK #3 - Violet (Light)

553 U-------------28 Grams

557U--------------320 Grams

555U--------------2840 Grams

Thanks again, Shnick :D

Scnick,

Take them to your local PPG dealer, I'm sure he can convert them for you, or call.

I can't delete this one, Tom, take it out please Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys

Why not just by DuPont paint? All the paint brands have eqivalent standard paint codes - if this is a custom mix you're going to have some problems.

GT

First thing wrong with this one is enamel takes to long to dry it will be a day or two wait before you can do the next color. You will also have tape lines between colors unless you clear it. I would use a good base coat clear coat system it dries faster and will not be bothered by the fuel. Second imron enamel is very dangerous to spray with out proper ventilation and respiration. I have a spray booth and the tools to spray what ever paint I want and I stay away from imron. I have also sprayed both and have been a Dupont user for a long time, at one time had both mixing machines in the shop, I prefer Dupont over PPG. Any Dupont supplier can mix you pints of that in base coat but only with a paint code those are just the formulas that will mix way to much paint for what you are doing. I have the circus circus sitting on my desk and I also have the Dupont spectrum master paint books if you want I can send you pics of the boat and the Dupont spectrum master paint codes.

By the way do you know what PPG stands for

"By the way do you know what PPG stands for"

Pittsburgh Plate Glass- formed in 1883 & making paints & coatings since 1901.

I shoot all colors in PPG acrylic urethane- single stage (stand alone capable not requiring clears).

The problem with basecoat/clearcoat in nitro powered applications is all it takes is one scratch in the clear & the nitro vapors will attack the basecoat which is not fuel proof & there goes nice paint job. Seen it happen too many times.............

Any good PPG supplier can cross the colors over for you.

And I'll shoot PPG over Dupont any day.......... :p

Latest posts

Back