OT: eBay auction of the day

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can only speak for my personal experience. Nearly all of my eBay activity has been as a buyer. To date, I've left 126 feedbacks, but have only received 119. So, from a buyer's perspective, some sellers also aren't living up to their obligations. Maybe eBay needs to come up with a system where a buyer's feedback doesn't show up unless they give feedback combined with forcing a seller to give feedback before a buyer can. An exception could be when the buyer is reporting negative feedback due to inaccurate product description, product not shipped, etc and the seller hasn't bothered to provide feedback.

They could let the buyer or seller leave feedback then not show it until the other leaves theirs. That way no one knows what the buyer/seller left until the other leaves theirs. If only one leaves feedback then the one who received feedback never gets it. This would kind of help stop feedback from being held hostage, and used used in retaliation. But I'm sure that someone would find a way around it eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
They could let the buyer or seller leave feedback then not show it until the other leaves theirs. That way no one knows what the buyer/seller left until the other leaves theirs. If only one leaves feedback then the one who received feedback never gets it. This would kind of help stop feedback from being held hostage, and used used in retaliation. But I'm sure that someone would find a way around it eventually.
Following such a plan, someone who knows they have sold an item that was not as described, or was damaged due to poor packaging (and who refused to correct the situation) could easily avoid negative feedback by just not providing feedback to the seller.

Following such a plan, someone who knows they have sold an item that was not as described, or was damaged due to poor packaging (and who refused to correct the situation) could easily avoid negative feedback by just not providing feedback to the seller.

With that being said, i believe not leaving negative feedback would be encouraging these mutts to rip another person off.lose,lose situation. I dont believe they can make the system better cause people are still going to continue to burn people.changing the feedback system wont make the difference imo.

LOL

Ebay is full of hot air.

I recall a while back Rosie O'Donnell put up for auction (for charity) a French Toast to which one of the BackStreet Boy's had taken a bite out of it.

it sold for $2400 bucks if I remember correctly.

Dan.

Back