OS9b Carb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hurricane

I have a couple of OS9b carbs that I want to re-assemble. The little teflon or uhmw or what ever the little gaskets are made of are missing. What can be used instead? If there is some kind of sealant that the 65% nitro we use wount eat away. This is for the high speed needle or plug and the fuel inlet nipple. Thanks, Ron

I have a couple of OS9b carbs that I want to re-assemble. The little teflon or uhmw or what ever the little gaskets are made of are missing. What can be used instead? If there is some kind of sealant that the 65% nitro we use wount eat away. This is for the high speed needle or plug and the fuel inlet nipple. Thanks, Ron
Go to Tower Hobbies.com

Scroll to their parts store then select OS Parts - then select OS 9B Carbs (Keep Scrolling - it is toward bottom of list.) You will find the inlet nipple with gasket & all other parts for this carb.

towers sells all the silicon o-rings you need for the OS9B like mentioned above. The only part that i saw comes with a teflon ring was the fuel nipple.

I called them and asked if they just had the washers and they don't. You have to buy the high needle or the plug kit or the nipple kit. That is why I was wondering if there was any other way to seal these. Thanks

I use a drop of red hi-temp RTV on the threads. The red seems to hold up against the nitro.

I called them and asked if they just had the washers and they don't. You have to buy the high needle or the plug kit or the nipple kit. That is why I was wondering if there was any other way to seal these. Thanks
FWIW- those white gaskets were the first thing I removed & tossed in the trash. When I ran them I just had the plug, needle and/or nipple in the carb body on thier own, never a problem unlike what happens when those little white gaskets split. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what happened, they split. So you didn't seal the threads? Has any one used LocTite 645 thead sealant whit nitro fuel? It is made for Hydraulic fittings.

Back