OS marine engines (81 and 90)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

are the 81 and 90 OS marine engines still available in the US? If yes where?

Does anybody of you run them?

Thanks

Alex

I run the .81 in my Sprintcat. Don't know of a source other than one occasionally showing up on eBay.

A friend of mine is running a OS 91 Ducted fan motor. He turned around the case and had to add a flywheel and water cool the head. Yes it took abit of work but look at the price at Tower Hobbies. May not be a Mac, CMB,OPS etc but I know it keeps the others honest.

A friend of mine is running a OS 91 Ducted fan motor. He turned around the case and had to add a flywheel and water cool the head. Yes it took abit of work but look at the price at Tower Hobbies. May not be a Mac, CMB,OPS etc but I know it keeps the others honest.
AFAIK its not that easy. You also need the crankshaft from the .81. I am not only interested at them because the pricing is/was reasonable. IMHO they are also the best manufactured engines available (sorry had no MAC myself yet, but many others), and they also perform very well. A friend of mine had a 1:8 Lobster hydroplane with a .81 OS, and it was very fast. After 1 year he put in a K90 and the performance was nearly the same. This was with 20% nitro. We don't run more nitro here in europe because its terrible expensive.

Alex

Back