ops .67 red head

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BILL ZACH

would like to know which pipe will work best for a older ops .67 red head. this engine is going into a scale hydro

Hey Bill,

I have a couple different scale boats that are running OPS 67. The set up I like the best is using a MACS muffled marine pipe Stock # 1369, with the OPS 80 slide carb. If you can find an Octura Kool Clamp - put it on the head to give you better cooling - the OPS water cooled head is notoriously not enough to cool the engine - especially in a scale boat cowl.

Bob's U-4 #1 Apr. 1993 pic was running an OPS 60 nitro pipe. OK, but I believe the MACS muffled marine is better. Last pic is MACS 1369 using an OPS 60 zero degree header - pipe length is 12" from cylinder center to the high point on the pipe - despite what the distorted ruler appears to show. CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I've run the original OPS No. 6280 tuned-pipe, yields optimum range, combined with most carb set-up's. Engine really screams

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE GREAT INFO AND NEAT PICTURES , I SEE MAC AND CMB IS THE WAY TO GO MAKES YOU WONDER WHY NO ONE USES OPS

DAVID HOWS DOES IT RUN WITH THE BOATS USING CMB MOTORS
They (the original OPS .67 Marine, Red Head engines) perform very well, however may not evenly match a more recent release CMB counterpart (ie. CMB .67HR, etc.,...). The newer CMB engines are much more updated in design (larger intake and port volume) and will pull a larger prop in most situations. But I still would'nt hesitate to run the OPS .67 Marine, it still comes down to driving your boat
default_smile.png

im sure in the right hands an ops motor can run with anything....

you might have to prop differently than your cmb powered counterparts...

we have K&b powered boats that run circles around cmb powered boats because they took time to set them up properly

we have K&b powered boats that run circles around cmb powered boats because they took time to set them up properly
Len, K&B circles around CMB.
default_ohmy.png
Take a deep breath and calm down.
default_biggrin.png
.........==={}

I sure would like to find someone that can set up a k&B 67, Because I have one and I got my ass handed to me in the cat class this past summer. CMB 67 it is for me. I would buy an older OPS if I new I could get parts for them.

lol ray...

they're .45 outboards...

default_smile.png

Len, K&B circles around CMB.
default_ohmy.png
Take a deep breath and calm down.
default_biggrin.png
.........==={}

Back