OPS 67 MOTOR

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sport hydro

I picked up an OPS 67 motor NIB 2 years ago. When I opened the box the motor has a blue head. I have only seen pictures on here and in advertisments showing the RED head. What is the difference if any? I am looking at using this motor in a Dumas 1/8 scale hull wood (Circus-Circus) set up as the 1988 Miller High Life. Will this motor work in this hull?

I picked up an OPS 67 motor NIB 2 years ago. When I opened the box the motor has a blue head. I have only seen pictures on here and in advertisments showing the RED head. What is the difference if any? I am looking at using this motor in a Dumas 1/8 scale hull wood (Circus-Circus) set up as the 1988 Miller High Life. Will this motor work in this hull?
I have raced OPS 67's for years. That is a good motor for that boat. The blue yead was the newest version. The only problem is there is no OPS distributer in the states right now so you'll have to go to Canida to find parts. Here is the site...

http://www.niagaramarinehobbies.com/

BB

Thanks for the link. I know its not the best one to go with but I have it in hand and don't have the funds to by a CMB right now.

Thanks for the link. I know its not the best one to go with but I have it in hand and don't have the funds to by a CMB right now.
I have raced with OPS engines for over 30 years & will stack it up against an equal displacement CMB anytime.

One suggestion - put a OS MAX 9B Carb on it fore better response & easier tuning.

I have raced with OPS engines for over 30 years & will stack it up against an equal displacement CMB anytime.

One suggestion - put a OS MAX 9B Carb on it fore better response & easier tuning.
Hum?

Hum?
Did your wife have you make a New Years resolution to

" Be a Kinder - Gentler Rick on I/W "

or are you just off your game :huh: ??

Although my experience is limited- I have seen some of Joe's OPS motor's run VERY well in the proper Scale application.

That said - can an OPS really make the same power as a Green Head CMB ???

Andy

Hum?
Did your wife have you make a New Years resolution to

" Be a Kinder - Gentler Rick on I/W "

or are you just off your game :huh: ??

Although my experience is limited- I have seen some of Joe's OPS motor's run VERY well in the proper Scale application.

That said - can an OPS really make the same power as a Green Head CMB ???

Andy
Hum!!!!!!!!!!!

what mod do you need to put a 9b carb on since stock ops is not a bolt on application?

Thats a stretch ....do I sense a shootout ?????? :lol: :lol:

Hello Sport Hydro .

This is a reply from Australia . The Blue head OPS 67 is a drum induction style motor instead of the older disk style . There are a few of these OPS motors available over here . From what I have been told they have a different porting arrangement inside . 1 of our members has pulled his motor apart to see what could be done to improve it's performance and flow of it and came to the conclusion that there was nothing he could change inside the motor . I have a conversion here to mount the OS 9B carbie to the OPS motor , it's spigotted into the original carby hole with a oval flange with 2 threaded holes to hold the OS carby on . At the moment I am working on a Scale boat and the OPS 67 will be powering that around the course .I hope this helps with your enquiries .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Thanks Tall Fella. What would it take to get one of those conversion mounts and how far out from the motor does it move the carb? I ask this because I don't have much room in front of the carb to work with.

Hello Sport Hydro .

The adaptor / conversion is 6mm thick . This carby has ramtube over the venturi which 7.5 mm longer than the carby body . So as this 1 is , with the adaptor , carby and ram tube = 48.35 mm .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

Back