On Board Video

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Anyone else playing around with em ? post em up ...........

This was my second attempt using it- still a lot of bugs to get worked out and a better cam is in order. This is using a 808 keychain cam I use on my model rockets so the quality for this application kinda sucks, but you get the idea. A few laps around Brandons 1/6 mile buoy course - motor sounds good :rolleyes:

Deleted - see post 9

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can find a worthwhile hosting site other than Youtube I'll post the ones I've taken with a GoPro HD.

Not sure why the you tube upload sucks so bad- the video was much better before - working on it.........

Let me know what works for you Jim, it looked fine before, now its lost the audio and is jerky as hell ???

Had one of the 808 cameras in my truck from when we taped it to the wing tip of planes. Wild.

Anyway, we were at a club race and I figured I would mount it in the cockpit.

Went to the local store and got a flat bottom spice bottle.

Packed the camera into the spice bottle with bits of pool noodle and zip tied the bottle to the cockpit.

It is not of great quality, but fun to watch...

http://youtu.be/Ul8B2nzP-3Q

Joe

I had some great onboard footage of a sport tunnel heat. Until I launched it just before the finish and lost the camera and the race :(

Maybe this fixed mine - Its more an audio RPM thing ^_^

The wife just got me a Mobius Action Cam for our anniverary. Can't wait to give it a try. It appears to be an improved version of the 808 cam made by the same folks. Migh have to do some aerial footage with my Flyzone Tidewater at Elizabeth City SAW's. :)

The wife just got me a Mobius Action Cam for our anniverary. Can't wait to give it a try. It appears to be an improved version of the 808 cam made by the same folks. Migh have to do some aerial footage with my Flyzone Tidewater at Elizabeth City SAW's. :)
Dont Tease - start practicing now ;)

That would be sweet, SAWS passes head on B)

Ok, here's mine:

https://vimeo.com/76295276

Zipp Kits Bullitt Thunderboat, a few months ago on Belle Isle (very short course.) Using a GoPro Hero3 HD camera in the "driver's seat."

Well here is the first video with my Mobius. Frankly the flying was terrible because the CG was off and I never counter weighted the wing on the opposite side. The wings would not stay level with the throttle chopped. You will see the results when I try to land. And to make matters worst, I broke a trim button on the middle of the flight. Lesson learned but still kind of cool. The plane got dinged up a little on landing but she is ready to hit the air again. What's embarresting is I ususally don't have a problem landing her on the small road behind the school. . LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prf9pFIGVRw

Joe,

I fly using FPV quite a bit and I have driven trucks with them and it is a major pain. Because your field of view is so limited, and your scale speed on the water is crazy fast, you don't have the reaction time that you think you would have. It is far easier driving line of sight with something this fast, than FPV. That being said, I would always encourage experimentation. I have given it a lot of thought in the past and the best thing I could think of doing would be to mount a camera to a boom above the boat from behind.

Oh and Tim, I was really excited to see your video of that heat race and was just about as bummed as you when that thing went shooting off. Sorry buddy.

C

Latest posts

Back