Old Riggers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the black and white one is the one Dr Jock brought over to Indy many years ago. Your Mom and He stayed at my house for that race. A great friend of many years.... We miss him.

Marty Davis

Gday Marty! Yes that would be it, 1981 internats I think. I miss him too, but Im glad I got into Boats with him!

I will never forget driving on the Interstate with him and several others around Indy. One of the guys had the first early edition cell phone, big grey thing. I had not seen one. Doc Joc asked if we could call "me lady?" We did and he talked to her for few minutes. No telling what it cost then to call Australia

Great times I guess I was at the Nats

Didn't Dr. Jock come to the unlimited a few times? I did props for he and a few others down under. If I remember right they stayed at the Red Roof a couple of rooms from us. We had a great time, one of the years he was headed to LeMans for the 24 hour race right after leaving Indy, didn't he have some ownership in one of the teams. I remember one of his boats had a carbon rudder that was made from a carbon tub of one of the crashed LeMans cars.

John

I am not sure, but it was either the Internats or the Unlimited. I don't remember that about his boats. I seem to remember him going to the 24 hour race.

He and I talked by phone about a couple prop projects that we were going to do and he all of a sudden didn't call back. I guess that is when he must have passed. I was shocked to learn of that some time later.

Hi John and Marty, Dad went to le mans in 89 as part of the pit crew for gp motorsport, they were running a 3.5l cosworth spice in class c2. Dad had carbon fibre rudders and turn fins on his hydros.

Hi John this was the 45 strapper he took to indy in 89, he sold it to a guy called Luther i think? FB_IMG_1450298025879.jpg

Hi David, going from left to right they are.. 21 oval hydro designed by me, 23cc gas rigger by me, 45 Strapper designed by Dad, 80 saw boat by Dad, and 45 oval rigger which Dad and i designed.

Hope you enjoy,

Sam.

Sam, Marty, John,

I have pictures of Jock with his boats in Indy from back in the 80's. I have not yet been able to locate them.

I remember, that one of the boats in the pictures was a Crapshooter that he obtained while at an Indy race.

I believe he got that boat from either Marty Davis, John Ackerman or Greg Huey and Jock was in love it.

I had a great time hanging out with Jock and felt the loss of a friendship when I learned of his passing.

When I locate those pictures....I will make it a point to share them with you. Great Friends and memories.

Rick Kirbitz

Back