OD plugs on sale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about a plug would make it only for OS engines?? I figured that was just a sells ploy...

Sean

I was given an OD Yellow to try in my CMB 21 RS. It works great. The motor runs more rpm's with it than with a MC-9 or OD Blue. Is this a hotter plug and what current color OD plug would be the equivelant? I ask beause the yellow is not shown as an available color.

I was given an OD Yellow to try in my CMB 21 RS. It works great. The motor runs more rpm's with it than with a MC-9 or OD Blue. Is this a hotter plug and what current color OD plug would be the equivelant? I ask beause the yellow is not shown as an available color.
Hi ED; The yellow top you were given was a proto type plug,that is now the OD-9 plug. J.ODonnell

I wish I could get a great deal on the #89’s; those are THE BEST glow plugs I have ever run in a big block motor.

They are the cats’ meeeeeeeoooooooow!! B)

I wish I could get a great deal on the #89’s; those are THE BEST glow plugs I have ever run in a big block motor.

They are the cats’ meeeeeeeoooooooow!! B)
Hey Buckshot,

I have to agree with you on that one. They are Sweeeeeeet! B)

Dave

What about a plug would make it only for OS engines?? I figured that was just a sells ploy...

Sean
Sean; The OS plug body is 1 1/2 threads shorter than a standard long reach plug body. It is not a ploy to sell plugs. J.ODonnell
Jack, why would the plug need to be shorter for an OS engine??

Thanks for the information,

Sean Hi Sean; I dont know why OS is using that body length,but we needed to make a plug that was compatible to the OS plug. J.ODonnell

The OD 9 plug has a yellow gold color to it. It's a good plug, I like it better than the mc9.
i agree 100%, gary. the od-9 (part# odogo309) is the best plug i have run in my .21's yet. super quick starting, very flexible needle setting, more rpms, & better fuel economy. mills & comes back up on pipe quicker than other plugs, too. last forfreakin'ever, ran 4 races, about 6 practice days at the pond before taking it out by finding the limits of too lean (on purpose) on a new third channel setup. the one i put in has run 2 races last year, & acted new at the pond last weekend. prolly the most durable plug out there, imho. the fuel economy deal is hard to believe, but i see noticably more fuel in my tank after a race. i put in at 2 minutes, run 6 lap heat & a cooldown lap on about 3 1/2 to 4 ounces. all other plugs use 5 or more. it may only be an oz., but put into a percentage, it's a lot............. not just 1 motor& boat, but all of my .21's responded this way, k&b & cmb.

Hi ED; The yellow top you were given was a proto type plug,that is now the OD-9 plug. J.ODonnell
Thanks Jack. I agree with moparbarn. I have run that plug in three races and several test sessions last year and it still looks like I pulled it out of the package.

I am running it in a CMB 21 RS in a sport 20 hull. I run two 4 oz. tanks and it comes back after a race with almost one full tank.

Latest posts

Back