Now what?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstolz

I thought that I had all the boats I needed for this year's racing. But, with the nod for Lipos, all of my boats are too small. I will be using my P boats for N2. I bought a Q boat for P Offshore.

Now it's time to buy new Lipo batteries. I really don't know which batteries to buy. I also will need to ugrade my charger. Any thoughts from anyone?

Jay :unsure:

Jay

I think you are correct

For 1P mono

4S a 33"

6S 36"

8S 40"

10S a 48" mono

For 2P:

the best example is the a 4S2P boat is the same as the 8S1P boat you need much larger escs motors and hulls to deal with the power $$$$$ $

Jay I think you are correct

For 1P mono

4S a 33"

6S 36"

8S 40"

10S a 48" mono

For 2P:

the best example is the a 4S2P boat is the same as the 8S1P boat you need much larger escs motors and hulls to deal with the power $$$$$ $

What are you trying to say here Andrew. A 4S2p is the same as an 8s1p??????? If you're talking amount of cells yes....but for running those are 2 different beasts.

Jay,

Just call me...i think you still have the #.

Also look at what Paul has listed for 2008 proposal rules in IMPBA for FE.

That should clear up some ?'s.

We will be running classes based on those rules this year.

BTW: I hope everthing is good in your world.

Alan

Andrew,

I know that English supposed to be a common language between us....but I do not understand what you are refering to.

What testing exactly are speaking of?

Allan

Have you built and tested boats which conform with and exploit the potential of the 2P 10AH (250amps) specification?

Are you able to give data logger, radar gun, temp and stop watch data? Either from practise or race testing.

How did these results compare to the 25C 1P (125A) boats you have tested? How did the costs compare?

I know that I have not fully exploited the full potential a 10S2P setup.

I prefer to use only 70-80% of cell capacity and amp draw....that is one way to keep your costs down.

My testbed is for open mono 44"and a 1/8th scale early pickle fork. Setup is for a 1 mile run with mill lapsfor the mono but my 1/8th was for only 6/8th mile with mill laps.

6000 to 7000 mah used in open Mono. The 10S2P setup is valid.

My 1/8th Scale was much less due to the aero of the hull 2000-3000 with minimal heat build up. Speeds were only 50-58MPH. That setup needs to be exploited more. So a 2P is prob not needed but if someone wants to use M1/A123's they can.

You mentioned using a 1700 watt (2+hp) setup in an E1 hull. With a limit of 27" in either a mono or hydro...I think most would find it hard to even keep on the water let alone withstand the abuse of that much power. But if you run a lower wattage setup then you can run a longer race. With my E1 offshore setup I use 8000 mah from a 2S2P 10ah 20C. You know you would not want to run your cells dry so a 20% cushion is pretty safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back