NOW THATS FAST

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazy that 126 is just a shake down run these days, but that's modern power systems for ya.

He is still casting his own, it's basically the same prop he ran back in 2004 a three blade 2044.

nobody give Jeorge a Game Changer
default_ohmy.png

Crazy that 126 is just a shake down run these days, but that's modern power systems for ya.

He is still casting his own, it's basically the same prop he ran back in 2004 a three blade 2044.
Yup, FE has come a very long way in the last coupla years.

Cool. I hope to get back at my casting program this winter...
default_happy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I was privileged to spend some time talking to Joerg and his team mates when they visited Legg Lake. My favorite quote from some correspondence on safety dated 2007:

"[SIZE=12pt] - The current NAMBA FE rules allow 25-30HP for a SAW run - probably
more. I have to test the latest LiPo generation I received just
before I left to Argentina - they looked as if they could put out
well over 300A from a single cell - 2 in parallel are allowed.

This would be a 4.5kg SAW hydro - about the same weight and size
as the one which did 140mph. It would just have about 5 times the
power. We are talking about possible speeds of 200mph++."
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It looks like he is getting there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Lohring Miller[/SIZE]

Hi Lohring ,

yes ,Jörg was right ,the rules force to high powerlevel .And today a single cell can delifer up to 500 amps and during acceleration the record rigger can suck this 500 amps ,give it a dragracer acceleration from 0 to 298 km/h.

Happy Amps Christian

I was privileged to spend some time talking to Joerg and his team mates when they visited Legg Lake. My favorite quote from some correspondence on safety dated 2007:

"[SIZE=12pt] - The current NAMBA FE rules allow 25-30HP for a SAW run - probably[/SIZE]

more. I have to test the latest LiPo generation I received just

before I left to Argentina - they looked as if they could put out

well over 300A from a single cell - 2 in parallel are allowed.

This would be a 4.5kg SAW hydro - about the same weight and size

as the one which did 140mph. It would just have about 5 times the

power. We are talking about possible speeds of 200mph++."

[SIZE=12pt]It looks like he is getting there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Lohring Miller[/SIZE]

Yes, but let's be clear and fair.... While 2P is "allowed", I don't think any of us US SAW racers, are using it. The M2, N2, P, Q, S, and T Hydro records (1S, 2S, 4S, 6S, 8S, and 10S) here are all set using 1P, to the best of my knowledge.

What is "possible", and what is PRACTICAL, or NECESSARY, aren't always the same thing...
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The P record was 2P if you recall.
That's right... the most recent one. But not the fully allowed 2P... only 6000mAh total. I think Joerg's original concern was more the 10,000mAh limits and the ability to parallel combined.

But you are right... 2P of 3000mAh 4S cells.
default_smile.png

According to the data I saw the input power of 590 amps at 29 volts during acceleration was over 20 hp even with 5100 mah cells. So far that power level isn't available in IC powered classes.

Lohring Miller

Latest posts

Back