New THOR 355 to be released soon!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to be a great racing season Carl...you have some good named racers on the drivers list so I am sure it will be a winner!

has Kently got one to test out for SAW.? Or will he try the Taboo or what ever your SAW design is?

Does it look like anyone will have a crack.ck with one of your hulls in November at the LA SAW?

Hello Kris,

KP has called and we have talked about him building one but has hasn't called and said he was ready yet. He stays busy now.

I have a lots of kits to get out but in the next few weeks. After I get all that squared away I will get that boat back out and give it another go. It was close when Shaw ran it in S.C. with a tweak here and there it should book a good time.

-Carl

Yes Carl. We were so close to the record at the SAW in Elizabeth City last year. We were ready. If the weather had only cooperated the next day!!!....lol. It will be a team record for sure to include Kentley Porter, you, and I. Let's all try again later this year!!!...
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No testing for me yet Shane. Didn't finish rigging. Hopefully this week.

what is the wait time. and what is the full price delivered
Hey Rob,

The THOR 355 will be 280 delivered within the US. There are two of these prototypes. Ron Shaw has one that Dave Roach built for him and Kevin Lee is building the second 355 Prototype. Kevin is well on his way with his. He may run his the weekend of the 15th &16th. If Ron can get away, he may be running his soon after that. Kevin's 355 has the production cowling on it. You can see that it fits much lower in the front and rear than the one Ron Posted. I sent Ron one of these low profile production cowlings to test on his also. I am trying to get this project wrapped up so I can build more kit parts. These two 355's will be at the Fall race in Charleston so we can see what kind of cut they will make.

This boat is 35-1/2" long and with the tip blocks, it is 36 inches long. The kit builds up Nitro or FE just like the THOR 295 so the FE "Q Class" should be a popular set up for this model as well as the 7.5Mod and 11cc classes all three of these classes can make good use of the features this model brings to the table.

-Carl

355 INPROCESS 1.jpg

355 IN PROCESS.jpg

Smart Monkey has been busy...Looks like he will be testing soon. He is not playing guys. Will he hose Jr down coming off of #3 and take lane #1 down the back shoot this fall? (That should get Ole Big Mitch Smack'n) LOL

This guy just started this kit and he is already framing up the bottom. This is his first wood boat build too!

-Carl

kevin lee 355.jpg

Kris

Around 3.0 to 3.5 pounds

Dave
Thanks Dave...so thats ready to rig with a cowl?

your bottom limit is pretty much the same as what I am getting with mine
default_smile.png

Of course a boat is designed to run at a certain weight...the Lynx runs great even when they 'feel' porky!

Back